Chapter 28 - Building trust

Start from the beginning

"I'm sorry your highness, for interupting your greetings with the princess but may someone explain this Wyvren over there." Alea said still tens with full foucus on the beast.

"I'm sorry Lance Alea please be at ease. He is my bond and he won't harm any of you." Lucas explained.

"As long as you won't tell anyone, otherwise I will eat you." The deep voice of the beast threatened with such a serious tone that it send shivers down my spine.

"Serious Fraener, why can't you just keep your mouth shut. I sure if I had asked them they woulden't have told anyone but now they even know that you can talk." Lucas complained as he looked at the Wyvren with a furious look in his eyes.

"I just wanted to make cleare that they better keep it a secret." The beast replied in his defence.

"Yeah, thats another problem. Could you stop threatening people that you would eat them." Lucas said seemingly annoyed.

"Its not a threat, its a promis!" The beast responded.

With a long sigh Lucas turned to us with a apologetic smile on his face.

"I'm sorry for his bad behavior, he can be... difficult at times. Otherwise he is a capable companion." Lucas explained.

"Its fine but may I ask how it comes that you bonded with a Wyvren and with such a strong one at that?" I asked full of curiosity.

"Well, it somehow just happened. I spent three years in the Beast Glades with Arthur before I attended this academy and during one of our dungeon dives, just after we supposedly defeated the dungeon boss, Fraener appeared infront of us. I somehow caught his intrest which lead to us creating a bond." He elucidated.

So I wasn't wrong with my assumptions of him. When even a Wyvren as strong as Fraener gets intrested in this boy, he must posses incredible potential. Just what is happening on this continent that so many promising young mages appear one after another. If this continues we might not need to worry about a possible conflict with the other continent.

"To be honest you have caught my intrest aswell. Cynthia had told me you display an intresting way of using mana. She said that your spell casting seems different then what it normaly should be. Also I can see that your at the light orange stage but I don't quite belive that. Ofcourse you don't have to tell me whether that is your real stage or not." I said truthfully.

"You're just as sharp as your granddaughter, elder Virion." Lucas replied seemingly amused.

Without another word he took of simple looking necklace with a single coin-like charm on it.

I immediately enhanced my eyes with mana and foucused my gaze on his sternum.

"Grampa!" Tessia yelled as she kneeled down next to me. I didn't even realize that I have fallen to the ground but that is the last thing I care about right now.

"Elder whats wrong?" Alea asked concerned.

"I.. I knew that you would be at a higher stage then orange but I thought you would be around Arthur's level, but that! I would have never guessed thar you would be on the same stage as me." I mumbled in shock about what I have seen just now.

"What do you mean elder?" Alea asked as she helped me up.

"Look for yourself." I responded gesturing towards Lucas.

I saw her concerned and confused expression changed to one of utter disbelieve.

"Lucas how old are you?" She asked politely.

"I'm 13." He replied nonchalant. A hint of amusement in his eyes.

"H-how? That should be impossible. Not only did you reach the silver stage at 13 years of age but you also advanced to the mid silver stage already. What did you do to purify your core so fast?" Alea asked, failing to contain her excitement.