Someone behind me had covered my face with what felt like a bag.

"No!" I screamed while fighting to get away from their hold.

I felt a sting on my neck and my body fell numb in seconds. I was picked up by strong arms and my eyes lids felt heavy.

No

••••

"Mother, I'm sick of this!" someone's deep voice woke me from my sleep.

"Lower your voice when you're talking to me boy," a familiar voice met my ears and I slowly got up as my eyes fluttered open.

My memories came back and everything came back.

That's right

I was kidnapped.

My eyes roamed around and soon adjust to the cold gloomy room. The room was dark even with the light of the moon shining in and the nightstand lamp lights that were turned on both sides of the bed. My hand went up to my neck and I rubbed the sore area.

They drugged me

"I told you, I'll find the woman I love when I'm ready. I don't need you constantly trying to find a bride for me. In three years I've had two brides that are now dead because they couldn't woo me in the way that you wanted," said the very masculine voice.

Dead?

"You know what they say, third time's a charm," the woman chirped.

"Mom," he deadpanned.

"I don't have long on this earth Steele. And all I ask is that you fall in love and be happy. I don't want you to end up like me sad, alone, and miserable because of the mafia," the woman said lowly.

Mafia?

They fell quiet before the door knobs jiggled. By the time the door jolts open, I was laying down and my eyes were closed.

My heart hammered in my chest, the fear in my body growing stronger.

"Just introduced yourself and play nicely," she spoke softly.

"You kidnapped some woman for her to be my wife. I won't be nice mom, I have no reason to," he said sternly and she sighs.

This is happening

I was kidnapped to marry some stranger

Last week when my landlord threatened to run me out of my apartment because I couldn't pay the rent I remember asking if things could get any worse.

I guess it just did.

I heard the door close before distant footsteps faded away. I knew I wasn't alone because my body could pick up the strong dark aura in the room.

It made my body feel uneasy and my heart was beating against my chest. I could almost hear my heartbeat.

His aura was different from the woman's earlier