"No," I answered even though I found the question to be a little weird.

Is she going to kill me or not?

Well a woman of her class, I don't think she would kill me. But the bulky men that stood at her feet as if she was their queen. Could kill me within seconds if she asks.

"Good," she responded to my answer.

"Are you going to kill me?" I asked after working up the courage to speak to her without her asking a question of her own.

"No...." she trailed off

"Well yes-only if you fail," she adds on.

Fail?

"Fail?" I whispered and she ignores me.

She makes her way around me, circling me like I was her prey. My eyes watched her as I shifted on my heel uncomfortable.

I felt like I was in a lion's den.

Well I was

And if I fail this unknown quest I'll be eaten up by this hungry lioness.

She stood in front of me once again and she tilts her head to the side.

"For your sake and mine, I hope he falls in love with you," she said

He

In-love?

"Excuse me?" I whispered as if I didn't understand her words.

Well in all honesty I didn't.

"You're going to be marrying my son whether you like it or not Esmeray," she said

Um-

"Marry?"

She nods and I started looking at her like she was crazy.

Because clearly, she is.

She sighs before turning on her heel. I watched her exit the dark cold room as two men followed her closely.

The rest stared at me like predators as they straighten their suits.

One of them started walking towards me and the tears that had once brimmed my eyes started flowing down my cheeks.

"Please don't hurt me. I'm somebody's child, I didn't do anything but lived a miserable life that I planned on changing for the better good-"

"Shut it,"

"Please, my mother is sick, I'm all she has-"

In all honesty, I didn't even know my parents.

I grew up in an awful orphanage and left once I turned the age of eighteen.

I had no one in this world.

"Shut up!"

Before I could say anything else my vision was concealed with darkness.