Chapter 14

I follow behind Harry and Olivia, staring at the floor with my hands in my pockets as we head out of the front entrance of the building.
We make it out about halfway into the courtyard before Olivia snatches up Harry's hand to link with her own.

Simon made him put sunglasses on, as he can't seem to stop crying, and he was told if he couldn't seem okay to the public they'd make sure he was on extra shifts with Olivia.

I sigh, nudging Harry's arm with my own, and so he turns to look at me. "Yeah?"

"Guess I didn't make it the full six months, just like you said," I joke, but neither of us smile in any way at my words.

I didn't ever dare to think that when I was off the job I'd feel this wrong about walking away from it all.
Even with the envelope filled with cash in my pocket, it doesn't feel all that worth it.

"Well you got what you wanted, you got rid of me," Harry sniffles, and Olivia groans, trying to pull Harry along.

"Harry, we need to go now," Olivia sasses, but he doesn't move from his spot on the brick. He simply just keeps staring, as if he really doesn't want to be here right now.

I take a step forward, pressing a kiss on Harry's cheek before beginning to walk away, shaking my head wondering why I even did what I just did.

Since I rode here with Harry in his car, I figure I'll just walk home, and certainly not look back.

I didn't like Harry then and I can't like him now.

Making it back home, I find Niall lying across the couch with a bag of crisps in his lap, and Liam sitting on the other couch, merely watching the TV.

"Louis! Back so soon?" Niall asks, shoving a crisp in his mouth.

"Erm, yeah," I say, looking at the TV, seeing that they're watching some film about war.

"Figured you'd be out with Harry since he's your boyfriend and all," he laughs through his bite of crisps before staring back off at the movie.

"I uhm, they said because me and Harry weren't getting along they're putting him with a new stunt," I say, shrugging as I walk into the room and sit next to Liam, who's now looking over at me- along with Niall.

Niall's jaw is dropped, his eyes wide. "They did what?"

"They changed Harry's stunt to some model," I say, quite honestly just wanting to change the topic of this odd conversation.

"That doesn't make any sense. You signed a contract that says you can't opt out for what was it? Six months?" Liam adds, looking at me rather puzzled.

"That's exactly what I was thinking," I mumble. "But I don't care, I'm sure I can pick up another job just as fast."

"But what about Harry?" Niall questions, frowning quite noticeably as he puts his bag of crips off of him and onto the table.

"What about him?" I scoff, folding my arms over my chest.

"I mean, you guys obviously actually liked each other. You're both just too stupid to admit it," Niall snaps back, folding his own arms against his chest.

"We never did and never will, especially on my part. I don't like Harry and I never liked him- ever. Hated him, even."

"Have you not seen any of the pap pictures, Louis?" Liam laughs. "You both look absolutely in love."

"It's an act, Liam. We were acting. None of it was real besides when I was yelling at him or insulting him or something," I explain, and Liam and Niall both only grin, seeming as if they don't believe a word I'm saying.

I roll my eyes at the both of them, shifting in my seat a bit.
We all go quiet though, steering our attention to the movie.

The evening soon turns into night, Niall leaving to his bedroom, saying he's off to play video games. Liam, however, says he's got a date tonight with some guy, and that he'll be back by 2am for sure.

Ultimately being left alone in the living room, I sigh and head off to my bedroom, yawning as I close the door behind me with my foot.

I decide that I'm just going to shower when I wake up, and so I strip from my t-shirt and skinnies into a pair of blue sweatpants instead, so that I'm more comfortable.

I grab my phone, simply leaving my stray clothes on the floor before climbing into my bed, sighing as I get under the sheets.

I check my phone, feeling this odd spark of happiness as Harry's name sits on the screen.

I open the text, quite honestly expecting the worse, despite the smile I'm trying desperately to hold back.

Harry: Thanks again for everything, Louis. Quite the interesting two months.

Me: Yeah dw I'll be rude to you anytime though :)

Harry: Appreciate that. Are you going to be alright finding another job so suddenly?

I frown at the screen, feeling some crumpled copy of sadness flow through my veins, and I suddenly just want to go to bed- and not talk to Harry.

I've never liked talking to him, why's tonight why different?

Me: Yep, I've gotta go though, so catch you later lad

Harry: Right, sorry. Goodnight Louis.

Me: night Harry

I sigh, turning off my phone before reaching over to set it on my nightstand.

I shift in bed, so that I'm lying on my back and staring up at the ceiling- readying myself for bed even though I'm not all that tired.
I realize that I haven't brushed my teeth, but I'm too lazy to get back up, so I stay still in my cage of bedding.

I, for some reason, begin thinking about the time I had to spend with Harry. Typically I'd laugh or scoff at the thoughts, but now, it just seems like one of those sad memories that you wish with everything you are that it would just go away.

But like Harry said, I've finally gotten rid of him. I've got my money, and we both can go on with our completely different and separate lives.

Can't we?
~•~

Writers block makes me do very evil things :P

Anyways hope you liked it. And don't worry, the book is not ending any time soon (I don't think)

Stay safe and take care of yourselves <3