Chapter 11

"What even is that?" I ask, my nose scrunched as I stare at the plate in front of him.

He slides a plate over to me, "I've got sushi, you've got salad. Thought you weren't blind."

"Wish I was," I mutter, stabbing at the salad with the fork next to it.

I only hear him sigh, more quietly than usual before he takes a bite of his own food.

"What?" I ask, partially still trying to hate him and not think he looks cute all at the same time.

"Nothing," he whispers, now practically playing with his food, poking at it, looking bored.

I put my fork down, "What's wrong, Harry? Like, seriously?"

"I- It's not something I'm just going to admit, certainly not to you."

"And why's that?" I counter, feeling slightly agitated, and I'm not even all that sure why.

He opens his mouth to respond, but his phone begins ringing, and so he stands, excusing himself before walking out of the kitchen.

I take another bite of the salad, staring off at his sushi, wondering how he eats it, before Harry enters the room again, looking unamused.

"Who was it?"

"Simon, wants us to go out and do something. Said the paps and social media aren't pleased or whatever."

"D'you not want to or something?" I ask, noticing the way that he says it, looking as if he may cry.

He only shakes his head, "No, I do. Uhm, finish your salad, we're leaving in 10."

I stand, "Are you okay?"

"I'm fine, Louis, just eat the salad."

"I'm not hungry."

"Ok, great then, let's go."

"Where are we even going?"

"Was thinking the park or something. D'you play football? Maybe we could have a picnic?"

"That sounds stupid," I respond, but regret it, wanting to take my words back as the tears in his eyes become even more noticeable.

"You're right," he chuckles, wiping at his tears, "Very stupid."

"Did Simon say something?"

He goes to shake his head, but ultimately sighs and nods, looking defeated.

I shouldn't feel bad, and I don't want to feel bad.
Yet, for some stupid reason, I do.

"What'd he say?"

"Why should I tell you?"

"Because even if he told you, I'm still right here, so-"

"He said that if we can't seem more like we're actually a couple, he's going to make some tragic story that we were just friends and he's going to put me with a woman instead- I- I can't do that again, Louis."

"And why not?"

"D'you not understand how hard it is to have to be the perfect star celebrity all the time?" He says, looking frustrated. "Simon isn't some nice guy. He knows I'm gay, as you can tell. But he's still put me with women and he's displayed me as some womanizer that sleeps with every age appropriate female I see."

"I didn't know that, Harry. I thought that was all true, those rumors and everything. Never thought maybe they were stunts."

"It doesn't matter, let's just go please, before Simon gets mad."