Chapter 9

"I cannot believe I'm doing this," I sigh as I pull my car into the driveway, my hands tightly gripping the steering wheel enough to have my knuckles on the verge of turning white.

Two days ago, I went on a "bar date" with Harry, and I hated it, every minute of me even thinking of his name was- is enough to ruin my mood.
I didn't learn much on the date, I just "listened" as he spoke most of the time. I heard more than I let on, but I would never admit I actually found parts of him interesting.

Yesterday, it was my day off, and, for an odd reason, I found it weird that I wasn't seeing Harry. I mean, I've only spent two days with him so far, and it's horrifying to believe I have to go through six months of this.
Considering I had nothing else to do, I read over the rules, which were both conflicting and nice at the same time.

Rule 1: You are not allowed to share, display, or publicly address the relationship you are sharing with the said "partner" at any date or time unless given strict permission by the team, or if they associate in close and secure relations with the both/one of you.

Rule 2: If the team gives an order or event date, you are to follow or attend it as expected, along with your "partner".

Rule 3: Acting out of line, including acts of violence, abuse, argumentation, or feud is to not be held unless strictly ordered by the team to be staged.

Rule 4: You are to not be seen alone with someone else who can be proposed as a "partner" (No hand-holding, excessive hugging, etc with someone unidentified)

Rule 5: You are to be on time to all shifts, events, and etc or payments will not be provided. Any overtime activity does not receive pay.

It seems like a lot, but there is a few other rules, just of simpler things, including how am I to behave and such in certain places.

Today, though, I'm sitting in Harry's driveway, my car still running, and I'm staring at his rather large sized residence.
It's two stories, and as predicted, seems to be the size of about ten of my houses. His car looks like it's worth more than everything I own.

I sigh, turning the keys so that the car shuts off and I pull them out of the ignition, grabbing my phone as well before I pop open the car door.
I step out of the car, quite envious of how successful Harry is compared to me.
I'm like a little bug in his garden.

I walk up the long pathway to his door, taking note of his flowers and other various plants being grown.

I lift up my hand to knock on the large door, but it opens before I have the chance, exposing Harry with the same smile I've seen quite a lot lately.

It's almost reassuring, I guess I could say, every time I see it. Not sure why, though, it doesn't make sense.

"So, are you coming in or not?" He asks, a hand on his hip and the other holding onto the door, keeping it open.

"Yeah, right," I mutter, walking in, and he closes the door behind me.

"The way you act, I expected a barn or something," I say as I begin walking further into the house.

It's quite like a castle, I guess. Straight ahead is this grand carpeted staircase that brings you upstairs to I'd assume bedrooms or such.

"Thanks, I guess?" He drags out, standing next to me. "So, d'you like it so far?"
He sounds almost proud that I'm seeing the money he's put into this room alone.

"Come on, I'll give you a tour," he says excitedly, grabbing my hand before I can get the chance to move away from him.

"Styles, I don't think I want to see where you reside. I was promised a game of pool."

He shakes his head, "Never promised, only said we could." He drags me along as he begins to head through a massive open doorway thing, taking us into a lounge room.
It's got a bookshelf, which takes up an entire wall, a few arcade games lined up to the right.
I nod as I notice the pool table placed across the room, some pool sticks propped up against the wall nearby it.

"I can give a tour later, or uhm, not at all, it's whatever you want," Harry whispers, quickly letting go of my hand.

I stare into the room, feeling his eyes focused on me, but I try paying him no attention.

"I'd rather play a game of pool than waste time walking around, like I've already said."

He looks a bit offended yet seems understanding as he nods and makes his way across the room, and I follow behind him.

The game is already set, the only thing needing to be done is for the rack to be removed, which Harry lifts it carefully from the table to not mess up the neatly set triangle.

"You do know how to play, yeah?" He asks, and I look at him, more offended than he did a moment ago.

"Styles, I go to bars often, I can play some pool, thank you."

"Okay, but are you any good?" He questions, raising an eyebrow as he passes me one of the sticks.

I take it from him, "Better than you, I'm sure."

He scoffs, "You've really got a lot of confidence, don't you?"

I shrug, "Always have. Sometimes it's a bit much, but it's whatever, let's play."
I shake my head, gesturing for Harry to start off, but a small smirk forms on his face and I have a feeling in the next minute I'll be biting my tongue to not be rude to him.

"Well, if you're so great, I say we make a bet."

I raise an eyebrow, "What kind of bet?"

He shrugs, "In the game. If I win, I get something, and if I lose, I'll do something. Like, if you want, I'd buy you a car. Deal?"

I nod, letting out a small laugh at his offer, but still feeling the competitiveness in me already growing, "You've got a deal, Styles."

~•~
I think we all know who's winning.

Anyways, the bet begins next chapter, ObVioUsLy, and that's when Louis REALLY begins to be nicer ig, not that he's like SUPER mean here but yk.
Also, please note the next chapter may be like double the original size (MAYBE) there's no promises.

Hope this was a alright chapter :)

Stay safe and take care of yourselves. <3