Chapter 12

"Harry, I'm telling you, I'm not afraid to hit a guy. So, with absolutely no respect, shut up."

He lets off some laugh, as if he knows what he's been doing is making me more irritated by the second. I haven't hesitated to snap back at him today, figuring he deserves it more than not with the attitude he's got on for whatever reason.

He managed to drag me out of my house this morning earlier than I usually wake, and I've been wandering around designer shops with him for the past 4 or so hours.

I've never been a fan of Gucci, but he truly seems to love it, and so I'm just letting my groans and complaints fill the emptiness in the conversations I hate having anyways.

"Well I'm sorry that you're such a princess today as well, Louis. Not everything is about you, y'know. I literally said you didn't have to come, but guess who showed up at my house 20 minutes later? You. So, it's your fault you're so bored."

I roll my eyes, scuffing my shoes against the polished tile floor as I kick my feet. I stay silent, which causes Harry to let off this sly smile.

"Exactly," he mumbles, picking up some strange looking jacket from a table.
"Anyways, what do you think of this since you love giving your opinion every moment of the day?" He adds.

I sigh, looking up at the clothing in his hands, "Looks alright."

He sighs, "Louis, I'm being serious. I have a event coming up, and I really want to look nice."

I look over again at the jacket in his hands, and it's a darker green, almost like leaves in the summer, I suppose.

"Harry, it looks fine," I mumble, taking a quick glance at him to read his expression. He only looks a bit disappointed, to be honest.
He bites at his bottom lip, sighing before putting the jacket back down and walking off.

I watch him as he finds another rack of suits, looking quite dissatisfied with just about everything. It confuses me though, as the previous hours we've walked through here, I've never seen him more excited.

Though at the thought of it, a revolting yet intriguing idea- for some reason- forms in my head, and I figure I might as well go through with it.

I slip my hands from my pockets, taking the few slow steps to the shelf that green jacket is lying on.

I pick it up, searching for its tag before my eyes widen at the number printed across it. "£300? Jesus, Harry, I really hope you like this stupid jacket," I mutter, walking in the opposite direction of where Harry is at so that I can get to the register.

The lady at the counter looks bored, twirling her finger in her hair as I approach her, and I believe I appear with the same expression she has.

"What can I do for you?" She draws, standing up from her lean against the countertop.

"Uh, I'd just like to purchase this, if that's alright?"

She nods and I hand her the jacket, to which she scans it- a small beep before she's telling me it's price.

I fish out my wallet, pulling out the £300 and sliding it over to her.

She cuts off the tags for me, shoving the jacket into a bag before passing it back to me, along with a receipt.
"You can return it within 30 days as long as you have the receipt with you," she mumbles, and I thank her before turning around to go back towards Harry.

"Where'd you go off to?" He asks, raising an eyebrow as he continues to stare at the pair of pants he's pulled off the rack.

I shrug, "I don't think that's any of your business."

"You're right, but I was just asking, no need to get defensive."

I narrow my eyes at him, huffing, "Are you done yet?"

He puts the pants back down, "Yeah, we can go, I haven't meant to bore you for so long."

"Thank you!" I say, beginning to walk victoriously back towards the registers, Harry sulking right behind me.
He pays for all of his items, leaving with about four bags in his hands.

He had us take his car today, mentioning how tired he was and he didn't want to walk.
Which I don't understand considering he was able to browse for so long in a store.

He puts the bags in the trunk, but I keep mine with me as I sit in the front passenger seat.
Harry eventually makes his way to the driver seat, starting the engine as he pulls off of the curb.

"Uhm, hey Louis?" Harry asks, clearing his throat. I look over at him, seeing how his right hand is gripping the steering wheel tightly. His other hand is on his left knee, and he's got his sunglasses on as he stares ahead.

"What?"

"I uhm- never mind that, it's stupid. Uh, what's in the bag?"

"Like I said, none of your business."

He chuckles, "Sorry."

"You should be."

He stops smiling, his laughing coming to an end as his phone begins ringing.
He sighs as he looks at the caller ID, answering the call before bringing the phone up to his ear.

"Hello?" He mumbles, his tone sounding quite stiff, as if the person on the other line is making him uncomfortable just by calling him.

"Yeah, yeah, we're out right now actually. No- Please don't make us do that- he's not comfortable with that and I don't wanna push it- Oh, okay, bye then."

"Who was that?" I ask as he places his phone back down.

"Simon. Wants us to uhm, do something that doesn't feel right asking you to do."

I scrunch my nose at the thought, "Do I have to have sex with you?"

"No, no. He wants us to uhm, well-"

"For the love of God Harry, spit it out," I say, whacking his arm with my hand.

"He wants us to make out. But like, I know you're completely uncomfortable with that, and just, me in general. I'm only okay with it because he makes me do this with stunts all the time- so if you're okay with it-"

"I wouldn't dare do it in public," I interrupt, eyeing him carefully as it seems to brighten his mood somehow. "What?"

"So you're saying you'd do it in private?" He says, raising an eyebrow as he grins at me.

My eyes widen, "No! Not at all what I said. Ew, no no. Never."

"Even if we were the last two guys on Earth?"

"Harry I could survive without you. Even so, I'd rather make out with a rock."

"By the sounds of it, I assume you've done it before?"

I laugh sarcastically, "No, but I bet now you wanna be a rock."

"Oh, you wish."

"No, I wish you were a rock so I wouldn't have to deal with you."

He hums in response, looking quite amused at my answer. "We don't have to do anything though. Just know Simon might say something."

"That's fine."

~•~
I got SEVERE writers block because I was tired and sad and so very bored anyways hope you liked it :)

Stay safe and take care <3