Best Year Of My Life

It's been 6 months since I started living in New York.

I've barely talked to anyone from paris besides Luka and Juleka. Luka and I went on facetime with Zoe so they could finally meet.

The second we hung up, Zoe told me about how hot he was. We continue to talk for an hour about how sweet and hot he is.

But he seemed different, not like something about him changed. I don't know how to describe it.

It's been 8 months since I started living in New york. I love it here.

I think i'm starting to develop feelings for Zoe. But I don't know if she likes girls, and I'm going back to Paris in a couple of months. I besides I have Luka.

Zoe and I got into a fight with a girl in our class. She's just been annoying and keeps saying that we both like her boyfriend in which we don't. Everyone leaves to class while the 2 of us are still in the locker rooms.

"I seriously do not want to go to class today," I say, signing at Zoe putting her bag in her locker.

"Then let's skip, come on," She says, smiling. I smile and nod.

We went through the school, dodged the teachers, and found a way outside.

We walk around the city, window shopping, and we end up into the statue of the liberties crowd. This is our favorite spot to go together.

"You think dad's going to be mad," Zoe asks.

"Who cares, we needed a break," I say, smiling, looking at her. She's so pretty, I think I might be falling for her. She's the nicest and prettiest person I have ever known.

__ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __

Zoe sits in my room as she watches me pack my bag. We both have sad experiences on our faces.

"Do you have to go?" Zoe asks me.

"I wish I didn't, but my parents only let me stay here for a year," I said, throwing my pack over my shoulder with a sad expression.

"I'm going to miss you," she says about to cry.

"Me too," I say as we hug.

"Y/n, come on," Mr Lee says.

"Promise you won't forget me," I say, crying into her shoulder.

"I promise, promise you won't forgive me," she says, crying into my shoulder.

"I promise," I say as we let each other go.

We show each other our shoes. We both got matching shoes, and all our friends signed them.

"I don't want to go," I say.

"I don't want you to go," She says.

Mr. Lee basically had to pry us from each other.

I silently cried most of the plane ride. This has been the best year of my life, and I'm so sad it has to end.

By the time I arrived at Paris, it was 1 at night. I looked around but couldn't see my parents anywhere.

I texted and called them, but they didn't answer. They told me last week that they'll be here to get home.

They must be asleep. They probably forgot to come and get me.

After being gone for a whole year, I'm surprised if they even remember they have a second daughter.

I call a cab and get a ride to my parents' bakery. I use my key to unlock the door. I try to be as quiet as possible, going up to my room.