17 | threat

KISS AND TELL had never been Taehyung's forte and even though he was a people person, he liked to keep certain things to himself

Growing up in a relatively non-privileged surrounding, he had learnt early on about how contacts were important in life. And that he shouldn't run his mouth wherever it wasn't necessary.

All his life, he had been making contacts. School from high school and college were still in touch with him. Sure, they might not be meeting in person that often, but he made sure he was in touch with them virtually.

That was the case with Seolhui. Initially, she was just supposed to be a drunken, one-night thing, but then things turned out quickly juicy the next morning.

Sure, she did look quite like Haneul, with the same hair and similar facial features, which had played a big role in Taehyung's initial attraction to her, but the similarities ended there. She worked at an art cafe while being a full-time master's student pursuing art therapy.

It was, undoubtedly, very fascinating to Taehyung, his degree being in fine arts. He only had a bachelor's, not opting to study further and rather build his portfolio. Seolhui on the other hand, continued to study, and for some odd reason, Taehyung found it extremely sexy.

The morning after they hooked up, post-alcohol effects had started affecting Taehyung and he half had the mind to just drown himself in her bathtub. After a homemade breakfast and a lot of persuasion, Taehyung had opened up to her about his problems. It was very out of character for him, because he hadn't even told his best friends about it yet; but still, his gut feeling was telling him to do so.

When she offered to find him a client or two to help him out, Tehyung had the undeniable urge to kiss her, which, well, he did.

It was quite different with Haneul. She didn't comfort him, or offered to find him clients before kissing him. Instead, Taehyung kissed Haneul to prove his point about something he had said. That he meant it. That he wasn't just fooling around, that he had meant each word uttered.

Seolhui had asked Taehyung if he was okay the night he returned to her place after the big fight with Haneul, all tired and in a sour mood. Taehyung had put his head on her chest as they were cuddling while watching some anime on Netflix he didn't know the name of, her fingers soothingly massaging his skull.

"It's nothing," he had shook his head, "Just a couple of disagreements with friends. Nothing to worry about."

"Do you want to talk about it? I can listen," Seolhui, the kind, always you-before-me sweetheart had offered him. She was so nice to him, it sometimes made Taehyung wonder if he was playing her. She knew who Haneul was and how much importance she had in Taehyung's life, but she didn't know the depth of it.

Taehyung had drossed off in the same position, in the same clothes. He had not told Seolhui anything the next day as well, because well, he thought there was no reason for him to.