16 | coward

HANEUL WAS JUST done with the whole marriage chapter

HANEUL WAS JUST done with the whole marriage chapter. She had enough of it until now, and she wasn't going to tolerate someone pushing her boundaries and pestering about the same like a mosquito flying near her ear again.  

Well, the prospect of marriage hadn't been that bad around a week ago, but we all know how that turned out.

The morning after her birthday was laced with hangovers, headaches and some vomiting she had no interest in thinking about again. Some was an understatement because she knew she had thrown up more than she ever did in her entire existence in those five hours. 

As soon as Haneul's mother had knocked on her bedroom door calling them over for breakfast, Taehyung was up and fucking out of the house before she could say "What?"

Gathered from her mother, Taehyung had quite literally run back to his place because of a couple of missed calls from his parents, probably out of concern. Haneul's mother had brushed it off 'cause it was believable and that they might be worried (although she did swear to Haneul that she had tried to stop him for breakfast) and 'cause why would Taehyung ever lie to them?

Oh, how naive she was. 

Taehyung and Haneul were becoming nothing but better liars with each passing day, and she was dead sure that one day, their lies would catch up to them and set everything they'd built aflame. 

Liar liar, pants on fire, motherfucker; she sourly thought as she stapled the stack of documents into neat piles. 

It had been a week since her birthday, and four days since she had moved to Seoul. 

She hadn't officially moved, because she didn't have a place to live and was currently living out of a hotel, but she was as good as there.

Taehyung had, undoubtedly, offered her that she could stay with him, but she was too selfish for the sanity of her mind to live with him, even for a couple of days. Instead, she was fine spending her own money on the hotel room. 

You see, Haneul was giving him the cold shoulder, similar to how he had given her before her birthday, yet very opposite. Taehyung had not replied to her. A part of her told her that he might have been simply busy. The same part also refused to believe that bullshit she was feeding herself. Haneul, on the other hand, did reply but kept her replies curt, to the point and cold. They mostly varied from yes, no, alright, no need and I've got it settled. She was being unnecessarily cold, and she knew it. 

The telephone in front of her rang, startling her. Exhaling, she picked up, "Secretary Seo speaking from CEO Jung's office." 

"Miss Haneul, this is Kang Jia from the sales department," a soft female voice introduced, "I had things to discuss with Mr Jung about the new sales plan so that my team can jump right into it. What time would be best to drop by?"