Nothing more needed to be said. Her most important friend. Someone she never wanted to lose.

Sid cradled her in his arms.He tightened his grip, then let her go.

"Tu yahan departure lounge ke ander kaise aayi? It's restricted area." He asked.

She held up her police identity card: "That's quite handy. Now I know how you feel to have a pass that gives you access everywhere."

Sid laughed. He put his hand on her shoulders: "Go. I need to board the plane."

"Mmm..." Monami laughed too. She walked with him. They were at the start of the corridor that leads to the departure gate.

"Tera new boyfriend aaj tere sath nahi hain?" He asked.

"Na, he said he didn't want to disturb a pair of childhood buddies.."

-----

There are many kinds of love. Sid's love to Monami was in between friends and siblings.

From young, they hung out together. As Monami was growing up, a lot of boys were interested in her. They wanted to go after her, but they were blocked by Sid. Others used to say to him: "Hey, you are only protecting her so that you can have her all to yourself." He used to say to them: "That's my sister. I am not going to let her get into a relationship in her teens. It's too young."

Then a year later, he finished his last year of secondary school. He got into the Police academy. He needed to leave town. On his last day at home, he went to her house.

At the entrance of their house, he heard Koel crying: "Sis, tujhe chlega agar Sid jaa raha hain toh?"

At the time, Monami was fifteen. Koel was thirteen. Sid overhead their conversation.

"Of course not.... Main usse bahut miss jyada miss krungi..."Monami says: "Actually, I want to go to the Police Academy too."

Sid felt like something was pricking his heart.

Monami was a strong girl. He seldom saw her in tears. She must really like her Sid bro.

That night, Sid made up his mind. He wanted to tell her that he will wait for her. He will wait for her to grow up. When she is eighteen, he will be his be their as his senior to help her and guide her like always. But, when after two years, he stepped into their house for the second time though, he overheard another conversation. This time, it's between his mom, and her mom.

"Tum Monami ko police academy nahi jaane dogi?" Sid's mom asked. "Actually ab aajkal policemen bnana bura nahi hain.. girls bhi bahut hain.... Samay badal gaya hain."

Monami's mom shook her head: "Na hi samay ki baat hain.. na ladka ladki ki.. bs main nahi chahti woh jaye.. Sach kahu toh main yeh bhi nahi chahti ki woh kisi police afsar k sath woh zindagi bitaye..tum toh janti ho bachpan ka woh hadsa.. Main nahi chahti usse wahi baat baar baar baar iss wajah se yaad aaye.. janti hoon badi hone k baad usse sahi lagega woh waise hi kregi..par abhi toh woh chhoti hain.. I don't want her to carry the burden for the rest of her life... Mujhe pta hain bura lagega usse.. par woh meri baat nahi talegi.. maa hoon.. Darr lagta hain.. meri bachi k liye.."

Sid's mom padded her back: "Samjhti hoon main.. aur tension Mt lo.. Aur Sid bhi hain na.. woh dhyan rakhega. Both of them are good kids. We are very lucky." and before he could help Monami.. he was pushed to help his parents and her mother by a promise...