18

Victoria's p.o.v

The exams came to an end yesterday. We left school almost immediately to get our things ready for tomorrow. We were going to my aunt's house in banana island. I was so happy cause I haven't seen her in a while.I just packed few necessities and some school notes; they still gave us assignments.

We had a week break. Once I finished packing, I went downstairs to have dinner. My mum was already at the table eating, I greeted her before going to the kitchen to go and take my food. Dad never eats dinner with us, he always comes home late or he doesn't come home at all. I put in my earphones and played some Adele while eating.

"Victoria" I inwardly sighed. When someone uses earphones, it means they wanna listen to their music and not talk.

But this person is your mother,you better talk before they seize the phone.

I removed the earphone and looked up at her.

"Ma?"

"You are going to your bigmum's place tomorrow abi?" She asked.

"Yes"

"You will help me give her something. Iyanu will show you where it is" she went back to eating while I stared at her trying to contain the overwhelming voices in my head. I shuddered at how loud it suddenly became in my head. My hand twitched as I looked down at the table trying to regain my senses. The table started in little swirls, then those swirls became bigger and they sucked me in so fast that I couldn't breathe.

"Victoria!" My mum's voice sounded like a horn in my head and slowly everything came back to normal. I slowly looked up to see that face; guilt, sadness and pity. If there was anything I hated in this world, it was pity. I do not like the concerned looks on their faces, or the crying eyes. Pity meant weakness and I did not deserve pity neither did I want it. As I came back to normal, I only had anger in me.

"You can just go there and give whatever you have to give yourself" I spat out while my mum looked at me calmly. We sat there, silent, just staring at each other.

"When last did you go to the hospital?" She asked in that manner that made me feel like I was some sort of disease that needed to be curbed.

"This isnt about the hospital!" I shouted. "Why cant you go there and be there for her?staying in this house and protecting your face in front of all your in laws is all you care about. You don't want anything to taint your name, even your mental daughter" I choked saying it out loud. Some truths are more bitter when said out loud. No one knows the source of my problems better than God and the woman in front of me. This is the real me that no one ever gets to see and will never get to see.

"Iyanu" my mum called. She maintained that calm aura. She didn't even shout or caution me. She couldn't be bothered about me, could she? Aunty Iyanu came out quickly and held onto me while I stared down at the table angrily.

"Take her to her room and make sure she uses her medicine, let us hope she doesn't make a scene with her friends for this one week" then came the river, it started with a drop then they kept coming. Aunty Iyanu held me tighter while my mum walked away from the dining table. I cried and cried and cried till I couldn't anymore.

Aunty Iyanu gave me my drugs and stayed with me till I pretended to fall asleep. I stared at the ceiling listening to nothing, they were no sounds ,everywhere was silent. I smiled at how pathetic I was, I could have just kept quiet as I normally do but sometimes my cooler is full and I need to empty it,do you get?

Who are you talking to?

I dont know

You need help.

I know.

I stood up from my bed, went to my fridge,took some icecream and chocolate then went back to my bed. The time was 12:08 and as usual I wasn't sleeping so I was gonna watch kdrama till whenever. I turned on the tv and scrolled through Netflix before settling for Alchemy of souls. I  just sat there laughing and eating ice cream while trying to keep them quiet.

Moments later.....

"Victoria wake up" someone was tapping me.

"Leave me, 30 more minutes" I cuddled my cover cloth more. The person sighed. Thinking they had gone, the next thing i knew my duvet was snatched.

"Ahan na" I stood up rubbing my eye. I opened one to peek at Aunt Iyanu who was shaking her head at me.

"Auntyyy na" I whined.

"Better go and bath, this is to 11 and you are meant to pick Ibukun and Onome"

"Ye" I rushed out of bed and went to have my bath. When I came out, Aunty Iyanu had helped me to lay out my cloth; it was a two piece sweatsuit, a green sweatshirt and sweatpants. I wore my white nike airforces then carried my box downstairs to the car. I raced back upstairs, did a double take around the room to see if I missed anything but I didn't so I left the room.

"I have already carried the thing your mum wants to give your aunt. Here's your food and take care. Did you take it?" I nodded at her while she hugged me. I entered the car and we drove off to Onome's house. I knocked on the gate and Ibukun opened it.

"Adeleke is this your own 9?" She rolled her eyes at me before going back inside. I followed her and greeted Onome's parents.

"Can you ever be punctual?" Onome also rolled her eyes at me.

"Good morning to you two" I stuck my tongue out to the two of them. I helped them carry their luggage to the car. Immediately we finished, we set off for my big mum's house.

"Barakat and Rebecca said they are coming with Elijah and Prince in the afternoon" Ibukun spoke up from the back. I turned back to look at her.

"Them Melissa nko?" "They will come tomorrow" I nodded.

"Is King not coming?" Onome asked me. I shrugged.

"I don't know for him oo, he sha knows how to get here". We played music and had a carpool karaoke. There was traffic but we finally made it. The big mansion stood there in its majestic glory.

"Your aunt's house is beautiful" I hummed in agreement. It never ceased to amaze me how big and beautiful this house always looked anytime I came. We got down from the car and were bringing our luggage down from the car.

"Victoria!!" A voice shrieked and then a little body latched onto me. I laughed before looking down at her bright brown eyes staring up at me.

"Hello shorty" say hello to my younger sister, Ade.

**********
A/n: Cliffhanger!! Wasn't expecting that right? Well there's so much about Victoria that you dont know. This chapter was a bit deeper as we see the real Victoria apparently and how life is for her at home.

What do you think the issue was between her and her mother? Why is her little sister staying with her aunt? What will this vacation hold for them? Let me know your thoughts in the comments. Thank you for your constant support.

Please vote, share and comment 🙏. Happy Sunday 😊 and see you in the next chapter.