16

King's pov

"I brought snacks" I took two ribena then took a chair and placed it next to the bed. I sat on the chair then dropped the ribena on Victoria's lap.

"Take it" I said. She just stared at me with a guilty smile before opening the ribena and drinking it.

"Thank you" I nodded in reply. She wanted to speak but decided against it. The room was silent, Onome and Ibukun had moved to the couch and were eating the snacks.

"Are you mad?" She looked at me biting her lips. I placed my hands on my elbow then placed my face on my closed fists. I just asssessed her silently.

"Kai ,king don't be petty abeg. I'm fine na, this your silence is making me feel guilty" She pouted and mumbled grumpily.

"So you knew about it" I stated not asking. She blinked at me before looking away and staring at the mattress intently. I watched as her eyes slowly lost awareness of her surrounding and they became like empty cameras with nothing in them. She had zoned out and this wasn't the first time, she was always finding it hard to keep up with reality.

"I just....i didn't know it was that but yeah I knew there was something wrong" She looked at me while sighing.

"I'm sorry okay?" She placed her hands on my face and stroked it softly while pouting. I just assessed her face and sighed before hugging her gently.

"I'm not angry just please never do that again"

"Sure" she smiled at me and began to talk about how preye lectured her ears off. I just sat there listening to her and wondering if this was how things always were. She hid horrible things that happen to her with a smile or talking to avoid things.

Maybe she isn't as great as she appears.

I shuddered at that thought. There were people on this earth that were perfect and Victoria Adeleke was one of them. She's like a balance for people; you know those people that are always happy and their personality is just bright and infectious then when their personality dies,you feel the world isn't right and you feel scared. That's Victoria. If she's broken or lost or her personality dims, I'll lose it cause she's a major reason i believe there's still hope for my fucked up life. She makes it okay, if she goes, i go.

I know it's messed up to base my happiness on a person but she has seen me through shit that no one has. Her light covered me in a loving and tender manner, like God came down and told me it was going to be alright. That's how much I wanted for her to be okay.

***flashback ***
I stared out the window of the car, the big building of Royalty college was shining to me. I was finally allowed to go to school, i really could go to school. It was a dream come true.

"Son, you must not make any mistakes and make me proud or I'll remove you from school and that's it" dad said in a slightly annoyed but smiled down at me. I gulped then nodded quickly. He ruffled my hair before telling me to get down.

"Good luck King, I'll see you in the afternoon" Aunt Natalie snuck a quick peck on my forehead before getting back in the car. I held my backpack and walked towards the school building. Pushing the door open, I walked into a hall full of students; big ones and small ones like kids my age. Not knowing where to go, i stood awkwardly looking around confused on whom to meet to help me.

"Hii" I turned to look at a girl who looked my age smiling up at me. Yh i was a bit tall for my age. I was 12 at that time. She had her hair in natural braids, brown eyes shining like the sun, dressed in a black trousers(raised eyebrows at those) waistcoat and white button up shirt and blue sneakers instead of flat shoes for girls. She was pretty in a unique way. Everything about her was natural.