chapter 14

So-Hi's POV:

I got out of bed, but I felt a little lightheaded. I went back onto my bed and sat down for a little. I took my thermometer to check my temperature just to make sure.

I was sick.

The night before, I've been experiencing dizziness and symptoms, but I didn't think it was that bad. I decided to call in sick and take the day off. I went back to bed and took another nap.

3 hours later...

Waking up to the sound of my phone beeping and ringing repeatedly, I grabbed my phone and sat up.

{ 60 Missed Calls.
Hyun.e: So-Hi?
Hello?
            Where are you?
Are you okay?
            Kang So-Hi.
Please call me back. You're
worrying me.
            Pick up the damn phone, So-Hi.
           I know you're up.
Fine, if you're gonna be that way,
i'm coming over. }

My eyes widen. Coming over? Coming over with me looking like this? No way. I sprint to my front door window to see if anyone was outside yet. No one was there so I took the opportunity to do my skincare so I look alive. I don't change my pj's because I don't want to be overdressed.

I hear a knock on my door and I slowly walk over to it. I open the door and see Hyunjin's presence standing in front of me. "Oh, thank God you're alive." Hyunjin steps up the doorstep and throws his arms around me. I say, with my hands beside me, "Yah, I'm sick, you fool. Get off." Hyunjin replies while still keeping his arms around me, "I don't care."

He then lets go of me and steps inside my dorm, walking over to the kitchen. Hyunjin checks my fridge and cabinets for food to cook. He found some ingredients and started cooking.

While he's cooking, I sit on the opposite side of him on the counter island while going on my phone. I can smell a good scent of miso soup. A few minutes later, Hyunjin hands me a bowl of his miso soup. "Drink up." Hyunjin smiles. I grab the bowl and slide it over to myself.

Hyunjin watches me sip his miso soup while leaning on his arms placed on the counter. Once I finished drinking, I walk over to the sink beside him and place the bowl in it. "It was really good. Thanks." I stand beside him. "You wanna watch a movie? Hyunjin glares at me, waiting for an answer. I nod my head in approval and we head on over to the living room. While I sit down on the couch, Hyunjin goes into my room for a few seconds and walks out with blankets and pillows. He then throws everything on the floor and laid out the pull out sofa. "You need help?" I asked. "No, no, stay put." Hyunjin replies, not looking up at me. He grabs all the blankets and pillows and set them out on the sofa. We got comfy and he sits beside me from a distance while turning on the tv and going into Netflix.

Hyunjin turns his head to me, "What do you wanna watch?" "I have nothing in mind. You can choose." I reply to him. He then selects 20th Century Girl.

Halfway through the movie, I was already crying my eyes out. I try to cry quietly so Hyunjin wouldn't notice and think I'm a fool. Soon enough, he turns his head to me, not saying a word. He then slowly moves towards me and sits closer to me while wrapping his arm around me. Hyunjin takes his hand and places it on the side of my head, gently pushing it down to his shoulder. 

Not knowing what to do, I just continue to cry on his shoulder. He and I watch the rest of the movie and by the end of it, my whole face is wet and red. Hyunjin takes a quick glance at me. "Woah, Hee. Your face! Have you taken your medicine?" "No." I say. I completely forgot that medicine existed. Hyunjin then ran off of the couch and into the bathroom. He opened the mirror where all the medicine is and he got the one for flu's. He put a few in his hand and ran to the kitchen to get me some water.

With a little smile on his face, he hands me the medicine and water. I take it from him and swallow it while drinking water after. "Thank you, Hyunjin." I tell him while giving him the empty glass cup. He walks back to the kitchen and places the cup into the sink.

"Jinnie, I'm going to take a little nap. Thank you so much for being here today. Feel free to leave and continue what you were doing in the morning." I say, walking up to him. He nods his head and tells me to feel better soon. Hyunjin walks up to me and pulls my by my waist, giving me a long hug before I go to my room and take a nap.