chapter 12

So-Hi POV:

Hyunjin looks at me with sorrowful eyes.
"But Sir, can't we just ignore them? You know we have nothing going on." Hyunjin turns back to him. "Sorry, but we can't. It'll just keep getting worse. And besides, So-Hi again still has her dating ban. In two years, you guys are free to be whatever." He doesn't let us say another word, he just signals us to go out.

Hyunjin and I walk out of his office and close the door behind us. He and I stand there for awhile. "What do we do?" I ask Hyunjin. "Let's just listen to what he says. But that doesn't mean we can't still be friends off camera right?" Hyunjin looks at me with bright eyes. "Yeah of course, we still can." I say. I know it won't be the same anymore though.

We both give each other a little wave and head our way out separate ways. I walk back to my dorm with my head facing the floor and a frown on my face. Me and Hyunjin just started getting close. We were developing a friendship.

Ding~

My phone beeps.

Hyun.e: Hee, are you alright? I saw you walking out with a frown.
Please call me if you need anything. Take care.
kSo.Hi: Yeah, I'm alright. Thanks! You take care too.

The second I look up from my phone, I see a figure standing in front of me. I slowly look up further and see no other than Hwang Hyunjin. I stand there and make eye contact with him. He then moves forward and pulls me into a hug. A long hug.

Hyunjin whispers as he lays his head on mine, "So-Hi, I know you're not okay. What's bothering you?" I reply, "I promise, it's nothing. I'm sure." He continues to hug me with his head on mine and we stay like this for awhile. Hyunjin's hugs were like a reward you need after a long day. They make you feel warm and comforted.

"Let me walk you home." Hyunjin slowly pulls away waiting for my approval. I nod my head and he stands beside me and we start walking. I can't help but think, how am I supposed to resist him? All these days he's been super close with me and we've almost been doing everything together. Even in public. Why does Jyp care about what Dispatch and the paparazzi have to say about our friendship? These days, you really can't give them what they want. I just hope they'll learn to leave us alone and me and Hyunjin can have good times together again.

After all, Hyunjin doesn't really seem to care. Here he is, walking me back to my dorm. In public.

Once we got back to my dorm, I turned to him. "Thanks, Hyunjin." He gave me a little smile and hugged me again, just like he did earlier. "Always. Please call me if you need anything. I'll be there." I pull away and we wave to each other before he walks off.