Chapter 11

Ro you look a mess. But I'm wearing a ti-. That's one of the main reason you look a mess. Just shut up! Rae laughed. Sissy I'm really scared, what if I get bullied for being really smart? That doesn't really happen only in movies she shrugs. And people only get extensions in movies too. Is there something you wanna say to me ro? Already said it! You'll be fine unless I see you in the halls and then you can count me as one of those "bullies". Ro rolled his eyes and walked out the room. Rae sighed and combed her extensions. She thought about what Cora said to her not even too long ago. "You'd look so much better with extensions, you're not too great in the face so you're hair will definitely up your looks!". Rae didn't even know why she was even friends with someone as insecure as Cora and it's not like Rae didn't love herself or criticized her features she just didn't have enough time to love herself.

This school started at 7:45 and ended at 1. Only six hours of torture. Rae's hair was in a half up half down and ro's curls was flourishing. He had used this hair stuff that leoneil got him. Rae was looking out the window eating some strawberries from the tree that they got earlier that week. Will you kids be good? I won't get called. Of course dad. Po got silent and parked the car. Have a good first day. Ro and Rae got out the car. You called him dad. I know ro. Well okay. Rae bumped into someone but kept walking. Oh shit I dropped my book. Go get it sissy. Ehhh it's okay. Don't you like need it? Well yeah. So go get it...but bye I have to go make every other kindergartener my bitch. Hmm. Rae laughed as he walked away. Rae read her schedule standing in place sighing. Uhm are you the girl that dropped this book? Yes thank you. Hey I'm Matt. I'm Rae, thanks. What's your first class? Math. I have that too, want me to show you? No but why not you know. Matt rubbed his hand in his hair and smiled. So? Uh yeah? What's your story. Ugh god yeah okay Derek Shepard. Matt laughed.

So your little brother Roel but ro goes here too? He does. Rae whispered. That's so cool. He's so cool. So are youuuu. I appreciate thatt. Matt smiled and went back to his work. Rae put her journal in her book-bag. You're already finished?! Yeah I learned this already. Okay every teachers pet scholar in a cheesy high school movie. Rae laughed and put her hair down. You're so gorgeous. Nah I just hate my hair up to be honest. Why are you so damn cool? Who knows. Okay class see you tomorrow. Matt hurried and put his stuff in his bag. So what's your next class? Social Studies. Teacher? Mr.Rifte. Oh he's soooo boring, good luck. Thanks I'll see you tomorrow or later. Yeah of course. Rae looked at her schedule and walked to her class. Hey guys welcome to social studies, I'm Mr.Rifte and today we're gonna talk about the civil war. I'm already bored. Trust me, me too. Am I hearing a narration or? Nicole laughed. Nah it's just me. Rae looked to her right and nodded her head. Hi I'm Rae. I'm Nicole. Nice to meet you, narrator. Ahh hilarious. I know. Rae shrugged. Rae was scribbling in her journal as she blocked out Mr. Rifte. Oh my god you can write in cursive? That I can. You're so awesome. Thanks. Can you do my name? Sure. How do you spell it?
N-I-K-C-O-A-L. Oh..okay. Rae started to write her name as Nicole freakishly watched. Mrs. Sims are you making people write your name in cursive again? Nicole moved away from Rae. Noo. She hesitated. Pay attention. Alright. Rae laughed and handed the paper to Nicole. There you go. Thanksss!!! Yeah of course. Oh my god. What? Did I spell it normally? No no I just remembered volleyball tryouts will be soon! You should tryout with me! Oh..I don't know. Pleaseeeee. I'll think about it. Okay good! Thanks again. Rae smiled at Nicole.

School was finally over and Rae was looking for Ro. Where is he? Where is he? She whispered to herself. Rae was getting panicky and remembering when she was little and looking for one of her brothers. Where is he? Where is he? Ramiro I waited for you for almost an hour, where were you? I FORGOT okay! That I existed? Everyone else is GONE it's only you and me I could've been kidnapped or raped or something terrible. Trust me no would rape you, you're not pretty enough for that. Rae's heart sank that he could even make a joke like that and laugh. Are you kidding me?? Why would you say something like that and move on. It was a joke. You're becoming dad. Ramiro stopped and smacked her. Rae winched and rubbed her face. Rae! RAE! Rae got back in focus and felt ro's hand tugging on hers. Hey sissy, are you okay? Yeah I'm fine ro, I just have a bad feeling. Ro looked at her worriedly. Sissy what is it? I don't know I feel like po is hurt or something. He's not. Ro it's the stomach feeling the most painful thought ever churning in my stomach and I can't escape it so either he's hurt or I'm really hungry but either way we have to get home. Okay sissy. Rae was getting a call. Hello? Hey kiddo. Where are you? The hospital. I KNEW IT! Rae yelled out as the remaining kids looked at her. Why? I fell. Po! Hey it's not MY fault. What we're you doing? I got the stool to get a cup and fell. That rusty stool I was grilling you about?! I'm the adult here ma'am. Wait when did your number get in my phone? When I asked you multiple times to put it in and you didn't so I had to do it myself. Yeah yeah, hospital name? Ridge East hospital. We're on our way. No no go home and come on the weekend that'll be better so you're not tired from school. Bu-. No no arguing I left money in the cabinet I fell from so you can buy food and get some stuff you'd need. Okay I love you. Po and Rae got quiet. I love you too kiddo. Ro just smiled clinging onto her hand. Oh and give me those cookies I like! Got it. Be good and don't have ro up past 11. I'll try not to. Ro grabbed the phone. No promises. He hung up. RO! Rae laughed as they headed home.