Chapter 62

Grace shook Raul's leg softly. Hey honey, wake up. I'm up mom...I'm just sad. I know but it's been two weeks already and I want us to have a fun day. I don't wanna go. You do and you don't wanna be stuck here with your dad, right? No. Exactly, so shower please. Alright.

Rae and Ro were sitting on the rug looking at the wedding planning binder. I'm so hungry. Same. Rae handed Raul and Sam a plate. So I've been thinking about the flower girl and who should be it. Mmm wai- wait. Sam said with food in her mouth. Ugh gladly. Rae said in disgust. Rae put the binder down and walked away. Leo was at the screen door smiling softly. Hey. Hi. Rae opened the door and walked onto the porch. Uh who's that? My cousin. Oh. Can he hang out for a bit until he gets picked back up. Yeah Ro will love a new friend..he needs one. Leo smiled and kissed her cheek. Ew where's this Ro kid at? We have to introduce you first. Then hurry up. Leo sighed frustratingly. Rae opened the door for them. Leo grabbed Roger's ear. OW! Say thank you...you dick. Thanks. My name is Rae . Thanks Rae. Leo let go of his ear. Now let's meet everyone. Gladly. Yeah you better be. This is great.

You could be the ring barrier! Or whatever it's called. I think it's a little fast..we gotta get to know roger first. Man I'm like seven, I wouldn't corrupt your wedding...at least without Ro there too. Oh yeah man. They fist bumped as Raul sighed and Sam laughed. What's the worst that could happen? The rings end up in someone's champagne and they die. Fair. SAM! But that wouldn't happen...at least that commonly. I feel better. Good. My mom is coming later tonight. IN WHAT WAY? Roger said laughing hitting Ro in the chest. Oh my god. Ro started laughing with roger. Raul snickered a little bit. But she'll be here in a little and doesn't know about us so please be patient with her and respectful. When have I not been? Sam gave him a look. When??? I don't know, when you officially met her all those years ago. She was rude to me first. Raul. What???! She's still my mom. Yeah but she was STILL disrespectful. I know I know but I think she'll be accepting of you and the wedding and if she's not then it's her loss because I'm so so happy and if she wants me to be miserable than she'll be more miserable than whatever she wishes onto me. I'm so lucky. Likewise.

I know my aunt isn't coming back and you know why? Because I haven't seen him since he was only a few months old...she does that..she has a baby and then leaves to get drugs or sleep with someone and over and over again and I know roger knows that she would do this but it still hurts so just a few days? Just need a few meals and then I'll go back home with him. Of course but he'll sleep in Ro's room and he has to clean up his stuff. On it. Thanks Dad. You're welcome guys. Rae smiled at Leo. Him and Ro are really getting along so that's great. Yeah seems like they both needed it. You guys are great. You deserve it and hey if something happens to where we can't see you for a year then you both have permanent parts at the wedding. That's true. Leo said nodding. Okay so I've been thinking. About? How we have to save those cupcakes for ourselves. Wait why? Cause they're too good. I agree. I mean the wedding guests are gonna be corrupt. How? Because it's gonna be a bloodbath fighting them for the cupcakes. And if they get in your face or say something bad I'll defend you even if you're the one in the wrong. Especially? ESPECIALLY..if you're the one that's wrong. Rae kissed him happily and pulled away. Good to see you're on team Rae. Oh you didn't know? Know what?? That I've been a team Rae member since the moment I saw you again. Awww. She said rubbing his chest. How cheesy. She deadpanned patting it and walking away. Well fair. He shrugged quickly.

And I peed everywhere! Everyone was quiet but Ro was cracking up. It's SO funny. It's not. Rae you wouldn't get it. You're right and I don't. Well fine cause it's only OUR thing. How do you guys already have a THING and it's been not even 24 hours. Cause we're COOLER than you and everyone else at this table. Keep dreaming. We don't have to because we don't say dumb stuff like keep dreaming and not feel any embarrassment after. Ro and roger looked at each other and laughed again. God. We're so FUNNY!!!! I know. Ro don't stay up too long, we have therapy tomorrow at 10. I thought it was later. Well it's not. Oh. Mhm. Well what time is it? Almost ten. Okay sissy. Thank you.

You're the third oldest. I'm aware and I'm the coolest which I'm also aware of. Yeah yeah I just meant that you've dealt with the craziest amount of trauma. We all have and I don't want this to be all about me. Mom had this way of making sure that it was known that you were gonna do great and as unexpected of losing her was..she was incredibly right about that and I and Ro, we're gonna be okay because we adjust everyday but even I know you'd be okay from the start Rae...you were so smart and adjusted to change so fast there was always hope for you. Raul as much as she denied it or tried to act like she didn't wanna tell the truth about it...you were mom's best friend and everyone saw it and you're right you've adjusted everyday into the man she wanted you to be and the man you already were. Rae walked over and hugged Raul. And this wedding between you and Sam is something she had hope for all along..she just needed you to see it. It'll be okay right? Yes Raul of course. I love you sis. I love you too. Goodnight Rae. Night.