How does thy heart still beat?- Seriously how are you standing?

Start from the beginning

Friends.

It hurt to admit but they were her friends. She loved them. Some more than others but that's a discussion for another day.

Well.

If there is another day.

Probably not.

This fact became even more truthful as Wednesday made it to the school, great flames encasing it into complete chaos. She pushed even further as pain went throughout her body, running into the hallways of her beloved school though you'd never hear her say it aloud. A glint of metal caught her eye. The sword.

Today must be her birthday. A stab wound, the chance of death and the chance at murder with a sword.

Oh boy.

She grabbed it and moved quickly back to the quad to see Crackstone threatening the remaining students. "Howdy pilgrim" Wednesday greeted causing Crackstone to turn around and face her "How dose thy heart still beat-" He went to continue but was cut off by a shout "GET AWAY FROM HER!" Sounded out from behind Wednesday, she turned and watched as an arrow flew past her towards Crackstone. The man simply lifted his hand and the arrow instantly stopped "Shit" Wednesday muttered as they watched him spin it round and fling it back. Without thinking, Wednesday moved in front of the arrow to protect the frozen student behind her. "Wednesday!" Xavier shouted rushing to the girl on the ground.

Shit. First she's hit on the head. Then stabbed. Now shot with an arrow? What else is going to happen today?

"Wednesday oh my god! Why would you do that?!" Xavier shouted. "Go help the others get out!" Wednesday shouted back. "What?! What about you-" "NOW!" Xavier scrambled to get up at the girls command and rushed to the others. Slowly, Wednesday pulled the arrow out her shoulder and stood back up. "Lets dance, pilgrim" Wednesday said as she grabbed the sword and attacked him. It was a tiring battle but Wednesday defeated him with the help of Bianca. He burst into flames leaving nothing but ash in his wake. Powerful and unstoppable my ass. "Wednesday!" Bianca shouted slightly as she saw the girl struggling to stand.

"Wednesday Addams" Mrs Thornhill Laurel said, pointing a gun at her. "Bringing a gun to a sword, might be the smartest thing you've done today" Wednesday chided as she stared at the poor excuse of a woman before her. "Wednesday-" "Leave Bianca" "But-" "Go.Now. I'll be okay, make sure the others are as well" "Wednesday-" "Go, I trust you" Wednesday said nodding at her. Bianca held in her tears as she nodded back at the girl. She thought she hated her, oh how wrong she was. Bianca didn't like to be wrong, but this once she'd let it slide.

"I may have not been able to kill all the outcasts but at least I can kill you. Any last words?" Laurel asked. "Yes, burn in hell" Wednesday answered before flinging the sword up and hitting the gun. Her reaction was slow as Laurel still managed to shoot her in the arm before dropping the sword. Wednesday slashed her in the stomach causing her to fall. "Goodbye Laurel" Wednesday said before kicking her in the face, properly knocking her out.

It was finally over.

The threat was gone.

Everyone was safe.

Everyone but Wednesday.

The girl staggered back as the affects of what happened finally washed over her now frail body. She fell to the floor as she looked at the tunneling inferno of flames towering above her, encompassing her into the warm grip it had.

She felt safe.

But everyone feels safe in the eye of the storm. You just have to wait for it to move. And that it did.

The girl didn't have the energy to move as a piece of the building started to fall. She watched as the bricks gave out and fell. Finally death would take her. Hopefully the brick will hit her in the head and kill her in one fell swoop.