"My building! My Building! It's your dad's." I snap. "And this attitude goes wherever I go."

"The last time you said that you know me because you had done your research?"

"What about that?"

"Sorry to say but you didn't do it properly. This is my building not my dad's. He handles his own and I handle mine. And for your information I even designed it. "

What the fudge? How could I miss this?

"So what? You an architect now?"

"What can I say? I am a man of many talents Miss Jones." somehow I felt, that he meant something else.

"You also have a talent to piss me off." I mutter under my breath.

"Pardon?"

"Nothing." I put on my best fake smile.

"Apology?"

"I already did."

"You did? But how do I not remember?"

"You..." f^cking bastard.

"No, no go on, complete that sentence."

I smile and say "I sincerely apologize for my behavior the other day Mr. Ledger."

"Apology accepted."

Well, that was easy. "I do not need you to accept my apology. Are we done here?"

"No. Why did you agree to this?"

"To what?"

"Apologizing to me? You don't exactly seem like the type to back down." He says observing me.

"You are right but I also have my reasons."

"Reasons? Such as?"

"Such as..." I pause "None of your damn business."

He laughs and says "That mouth. Something needs to be done about that mouth of yours."

What...no wait, don't go there. My mind went to the darkest places of all. What about my mouth? What will he do?

"You know I detest people like you?" He speaks.

"Wait what? Detest? People like me? What do you mean?"

"People who run their mouth without any reason and people with a sick attitude. And you happen to have both."

I gape at him. "I sure don't understand people like you." I scoff. "You don't like to be disrespected but again you go around disrespecting and disregarding people. You sure are an entitled man with a superiority complex." I snap back at him.

"Sweetheart, I am superior...there is no complex." He laughs.

"I regret apologizing to you. You are the one who started it that day. So please let me take my words back and rephrase them."

He looks at me with interest. "I apologize for judging the situation too soon, I should have enquired about the matter properly. But as for judging you? I was right about that. And about my behavior with you? You completely deserved that. You don't deserve respect."

I see a hint of anger in his eyes. "And you are right, I didn't do my research properly because if I did, I would actually know what a big a$$hole you are." I stand up to leave but he holds my wrist and pulls me down, back on the chair.

"What the..."

Before I could say anything, he cuts me off and says. "I know you only came here today because you were scared that I will go after your little company. But don't worry I have no interest in that. I already told Mr. Morgan that I will deal with you my own way, and don't worry I will. I have something big planned for you."

"And what is that?"

"You will soon find out."

"Oh, I can't wait." I challenge him.

"I will be paying a visit to your little company tomorrow. I hope to see you sweetheart."

"But I don't want to see you."

"Oh, you are dying to see me again." He laughs.

"F^ck you."

"Sweetheart" he says with a pause. "You will not be able to handle that."

"Oh, I am sure." I laugh. "You probably have some functioning issue."

His eyes turn dark and he whispers "You are playing with fire Jones."

"I love the heat."

He smirks and says "Good to know."

The sudden change of mood, what is this man planning? I will curse his soul. Bastard.

"Tea? Coffee? Anything?" He asks.

"No thank you."

"Don't worry, i'll not poison it. Just trying to be a gentleman here."

I simply roll my eyes at him. "Gentleman! Right!"

"There, you did that again. I asked you not to."

"Why would I listen to you?"

"Because you have to. I am sure...you will. Soon enough."

"You know what, we are done here." I get up to leave. Still half of me expecting him to stop me from leaving. But alas! He didn't.

He presses on a switch and there...Adam appears out of nowhere. Or from the elevator. I don't know.

"Adam, please escort Miss Jones out."

"No thank you. I am perfectly capable of going out on my own." I just hope I don't get lost here.

"I insist." He smirks.

I mouth a$$hole at him and walk away.

TO BE CONTINUED