{21} ?¿‽

"Soo?" Megan asked curiously, sitting on your bed. You felt the blankets crinkle beneath her.

"What?" You raised an eyebrow at her. Ever since you got back home from the ocean trip, she seemed to clinge onto you wherever you went.

"I just wanted to know how the trip went!" Megan smiled, blinking her eyes, trying to be as innocent as she could. It wasn't working.

You sighed and slammed your head againest your fluffy pillow. "It went like a normal trip." You lied, your voice slightly muffled.

Megan leaned in close. "Ya sure?...."

You rolled away to the other side of the bed. Did Meg figure out what had really happen?

That thought immediately bursted as she started to laugh.

"Just messing with you!" She smiled, "Now come on. I order your favorite dinner."

You shot up. "Really?!" You gasped. Did Megan really gift you such a wonderful meal? Where did she get the money for it?

"No~" She snorted leaving the room with a chuckle.

Megan, you sly eel.

"Oh screw you!" You smirked, throwing a pillow at her as she escaped your bedroom. You could hear her laughing through the door.

You sigh and flopped back onto your bed. Your stomach was begging for food so you forced yourself to stand up, even with your tired joints. You exited your cool bedroom to find the tiny apartment burning hot.

"Holy sh¡t, it's like hell in here." Your eye widened. You could already feel sweat start to appear on your forehead.

"Language!" Megan scolded from somewhere in the kitchen, "And what are we supposed to do? We're on the top floor with a tiny AC in this tiny apartment."

You scoffed and walked into the kitchen. It was ten times hotter. "My God Megan. How do we live here?!" You wiped your forehead.

"It's called money." She joked, handing you a plate with a large slice of pizza, "If you don't want to eat here, go to your room."

"Gladly." You chuckled, taking the plate. You then walked back to your room and shut the door. You sighed with relief as you sat down at your desk and placed the plate down.

"Much cooler." You said to yourself, taking a much deserved pizza bite.

~~~
The cool breeze of the ocean air was a big difference between your tiny apartment. You took a long, deep breath before suddenly gagging.

"Holy sh¡t! It smells like Megan's sweaty socks!" You held your nose in disgust. You glanced around to find the source of the horrid smell.

"Well that's probably not a good sign." Your eyebrows knotted as you spot a small pile of fish bones. They were almost practically buried in the sand and some still have bits of fish flesh.

"Y/N!" A happy voice came from the waters. You quickly kicked some sand over the bones and smiled.

Sun and Moon both emerged from the waters. It's been awhile since you saw them so it was quite nice to see them again. You almost forgot how beautiful they were.

Woah Y/N. Get a grip of yourself. You mentally scolded yourself.

"I see you two are doing well." You laughed, pointing at their exceptionally shiny scales. They almost seemed to glow under the full moon.

Sun seemed flustered by the compliment and Moon just smiled. He leaned down to eye level and gave you a toothy grin.

"Thank you little guppy. We thought we might put on a better look for you." He smiled, acting completely innocent.

"What's thats supposed to mean?" You raised an eyebrow towards them. Sun then climbed up the soft sand and wrapped his arms around you.

"Moony is just complimenting you! Does sunshine not like the compliments?" He asked with a small frown. His giant fins seemed to lower with disappointment.

"No, I enjoy them." You smiled. You felt Sun gentle claws lead you towards his lap and within minutes, you found yourself stuck petting Moon's silky head, which he placed on your lap. Sun playing with your hair, humming a little tune.

The three of you kept chatting away, talking about almost everything that has happened while you were both away.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
??? POV
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
You chuckled as you watched the two monsters settle with the human.

Stupid beasts.

You lowered your binoculars and scoffed. What was so special about the person anyways? They seemed normal, from your observations.

Your phone buzzed in your pocket and you picked it up. A call from ####.

"Hello?" You answered with a sigh. You swore this man was always calling you.

"Have you gathered enough information?" A rough voice responded.

"Yes."

"Excellent. Can you do it soon? I would rather like to see how they would look." A strong chuckle came from the otherside of the call.

"Soon." You agreed. "Any specific date?"

"Before the end of the month, if you please."

"Understood sir." You raised your binoculars, watching as the Y/N seemed to be biding the monsters goodbye.

"Wonderful! I'll see you then." You could hear his voice revealing a grin as he hung up.

You cursed under your breath and slid the phone in your pocket. You watched as Y/N exited the parking lot in their car.

You almost felt sorry about what was going to happen to them and those monsters.

Almost..