Emerson's lips parted in shock. Napapatitig siya sa akin ng ilang segundo bago marahang tumango. Sensing the seriousness of my tone, he quickly composed himself.

"Of course," he replied, his voice tinged with a mix of understanding and concern. "I will personally review the reports to check for any errors. You have my word that we will do everything within our power to locate your friend, Hazel, and ensure her safety."

I couldn't help but maintain a stern demeanor, wanting to convey the gravity of the situation. "It better be," I retorted, my tone laced with a hint of defiance.

However, deep inside, worry gnawed at my heart, overshadowing my attempt at bravado. Emerson nodded once more, acknowledging the weight of my words. 

"I understand your concern, and I assure you we will spare no effort in our search for Hazel. We will keep you informed of any progress."

I nodded in response, and a momentary silence filled the room. Emerson, who remained standing by the side of my bed, seemed to possess a higher rank or position compared to the other men who continued to survey the surroundings. While they continued their vigilant watch, Emerson maintained his position, a sense of authority emanating from his presence.

I didn't realize how long I had been looking at him until I began to notice his sharply defined cheekbones and angular jawline, which gave his face a chiseled look. His piercing almond-shaped eyes were a beautiful deep brown, and he had a muscular build, with broad shoulders and a trim waist that spoke to his dedication to fitness and staying in shape.

Lost in my thoughts, I glanced towards one of Baba's men who abruptly entered my bathroom without permission, while the other searched through my closet.  

"Hey, where the heck do you think you're doing!?" I screamed, my frustration boiling over as I was taken aback by their actions. I was about to get up from my bed, but Emerson restrained me gently. "Get out of my way! Who do you think you are, invading my privacy like this, huh?"

Emerson's voice remained calm, yet it carried a sense of empathy. Just let us do our jobs, Ms. Liu. This is for your safety. It was necessary to ensure your well-being and the security of your location. I have been entrusted by your father as one of his trusted men precisely because he believes in my ability to protect your family."

A surge of indignation coursed through me as I struggled to comprehend the situation. 

"How does my safety involve checking my effin bathroom and closet? You guys are overreacting. You already said that you apprehended all the people who were guilty in the incident and that they are under hospital arrest. So, why are you being weird?"  I exclaimed, my frustration evident in my tone.

"I apologize if this has upset you. I am not in a position to answer your questions," Emerson replied, pressing his lips together  as he acknowledged my frustration.

"Of course, I am upset! Why the secrecy? Why are there even strangers in black suits in my room? It's not like what happened yesterday was planned!" I demanded, gesturing towards the other men who continued their vigilant survey of the room.

"Naiintindihan kung saan nanggagaling ang pag-aalala mo," he said, his voice filled with empathy. Emerson's gaze softened as he locked eyes with me. "However, the secrecy and caution are necessary precautions to ensure your safety. These men are part of our security team, highly trained to protect you and your family. Please trust that our presence is for your benefit."

His words offered a glimmer of reassurance, yet they also left me with a torrent of unanswered questions swirling in my mind. Frustrated, I let out a sigh and leaned back against the headboard of my bed. Nang mapagtanto kong wala akong sagot na makukuha sa kanila, I decided to stop probing. Hindi rin naman nagtagal ay dumating na sina Mana Senya and Ate Susan na mag dalang tray ng pagkain.