13 Cedric Oswain

The chains were ripped off the walls and in pieces. Cedric never imagined that a bloodling could be that strong, especially with a restricted diet.

Sir Zander stared at the carnage in vain. It seemed he has had outside help, at the door was unlocked and there wasn't a commotion last knight. He looked to the prince, suspicious that the boy wasn't willing to handover his price.

"The guards reported seeing a big bird flying around the fortress," Sir Sheldon said, a bit not sure of his own words as he reported to the prince.

"A bird?"

"It seems to be a type they have never seen before."

What has a strange bird got to do with a jailbreak?

"He lived in our kingdom for seven years, he is bound to have acquaintances," Sir Leonard said with a frown.

"Acquaintances with means to allow prisoners to escape?" Sir Zander said through clenched teeth.

"We could... Catch him if we hurry?" A prison guard said meekly.

"With a stolen horse? It's too late to catch him now."

"Were could be possibly go? Skokra? Yathuur? He can't possibly be headed to Dragon -Port."

"Maybe North? Our forces are spread least there."

"East, probably," Prince Earic said.

"But it's all desert!"

Sir Zander gave the Artarians an annoyed look, silencing them. "We will leave without him."

Prince Earic nodded. It was for the best. But a soldier couldn't keep him mouth shut before saying, "But he could be a spy!"

"From where?"

"I don't know. There could be an army of monsters like him!"

A soldier kicked the speaker's shins while the blood knights frowned in disapproval. All the while, the knight commander of the blood knights looked at the third prince, his eyes gleaming in suspicion.

Prince Earic knew that the slight semblance of trust they had developed over the past few days were gone, just like that and that a couple of fancy apologies and words were not going to fix it.

Both kingdoms were probably going to know about the strange man of mysterious origins and most intelligence was surely going to spend their time and coin to find him.

"I deeply apologize for this," Prince Earic finally said.

Sir Zander didn't even seem to hear his apology before he stomped out of the dungeons. The horses were ready, Daisy also recovered and we'll after the previous excitement.

Cedric was just glad that they were leaving. Eventhough he was curious of the mysterious man, he had other things to worry about. He didn't have time to worry about the Prince's mood either as their agreement seems to have gone null and void. But Lord Harrington didn't seem to want the doctor to leave without a ounce of excitement.

Cedric was already on him horse when Lord Harrington and Sir Sheldon came out to see them off. Lord Harrington innocently waved his hand and yelled.

"Farewell, Lord Oswain. Say hi to King Xalvador for us."

Prince Earic felt a headache decent upon them as he slapped his own forehead while Sir Leonard seemed to be strangely amused. He wasn't quite happy about the fact that the doctor was going to escape just like that, unscathed.

"And thanks for the information about the blood fever," Lord Harrington said, adding fuel to the fire.

Sir Sheldon had given up on his cousin at that point.