9 - Capture

It didn't take long for the two parties to draw blood. First on Cedric's arm. Sapphire screamed. But something inside Cedric pushed him to attack the mercenary again. The mercenary's tigh got cut, deeply, before Cedric's sword pulled away and yet he still fought.

Lord Harrington turned to the guards nearest to him, "Prepare to shoot."

"You will shoot the mercenary," said Sir Sheldon disapprovingly.

"They won't die," Lord Harrington said, "Look at them. Can you even call them human?"

He turned to the guard again. "Choose the casings with the sedatives."

"Harrington!"

"A shot won't kill them, trust me."

"Uh... My Lord. You mean, the ones used to hunt game?"

"Yes! Just aim! Shoot when I tell you."

Cedric felt himself loose blood, yet his body somehow ketp on healing and the fighting response in his body kept his body and mind alert enough. He was surprised to find that his opponents injuries were not bleeding. They were probably healed, certifying Cedric's suspicion that the mercenary was somewhat similar to a bloodling. Yet the feel felt off. Cedric always could tell when a sane person was a bloodling, like how he felt Sapphire's presence.

The only way to stop the mercenary it seems, was to chop of his head and Cedric was not ready to do that in front of a child. The lack of sleep, tiredness and the fact that Cedric didn't have a drink of blood for for the past day made him feel weak. Sapphire sat on top of Daisy, clutching the horse's reins along with the mane while Daisy stood pasting herself on the nearby wall in fear of the two predator like humans.

The mercenary was still standing, sword in hand and he crouched to attack once again.

Cedric snarled in annoyance. The mercenary returned with snarl with a growl. The exchange made the surrounding audience feel a bit... Weird. As if they were watching a brawl between a wild cat and wolf.

"Shoot!"

Bang!

Cedric moved in a split count, the projectile flying past him to strike the wall behind and earnings a scream from Sapphire and a few yelps from the soldiers on Sir Leonard's side.

"Don't shoot!" Sir Leonard yelled. "We need the girl and the blood knight alive!"

"Trust me, he won't die!" Lord Harrington yelled back.

Cedric unconsciously snarled at the young lord, and a terrified yelp erupted from his throat as glowing blue eyes stared at him bearing fangs.

"Oh, Shit!" Lord Harrington said, movie his horse back a bit. He pulled the barrel from the nearest guard and aimed. As he did so, the mercenary attacked Cedric from in front of him as he turned. Cedric dodged the attack barely and slashed at the mercenary, drawing blood once again. The mercenary slashed at Cedric with both swords, forcing Cedric to step back closer to the wall.

Daisy, terrified of her master of the past few days, jogged away with a neigh. Mikhail was quick to catch the horse's rein. Sapphire screamed.

The scream was enough to distract Cedric of hi attention as he turned towards the sound of the girl, only to find her caught by Sir Leonard. Cedric kicked the mercenary away and ran towards the knight, only to see the knight pull out his sword and place the blade in front of Sapphire's neck.

Cedric stopped in his tracks.

"Put the sword down, Cedric."

From behind, Lord Harrington aimed.