he turned to the right of him, noticing the dark patches of dead grass on the sides. there were still some alive flowers and the grass was getting longer and longer.

the earth was beautiful. soil was a miracle, and from it sprang life and hope.

but, not anymore.

blood was the new soil. old, black, rotten blood. and in that blood was flesh: decayed, old, and even new, flesh.

he gulped and decided not to look at the grass anymore.

"we've definitely been walking for over an hour now." jimin noted, his footsteps following directly behind jungkook.

"it's good we haven't seen any biters yet, though. that's a good sign, right?" yoongi replied.

truthfully, they didn't know if that was a good sign.

but as if on cue, a biter appeared to jump out at them from the trees, its mouth dripping with torn flesh and blood.

closest to taehyung, the biter lunged for him. taehyung jumped back and grabbed his knife, close to stabbing the biter through the head, but before he could even raise his knife, jungkook pushed him out of the way and stabbed the biter.

the biter stopped its movements before it fell to the ground, jungkook raising the knife out of the biter's head. looking disgusted, he rubbed the now dirty knife on the biter's torn shirt.

"i had him." taehyung glared.

"who cares? he's dead. keep walking." jungkook sternly said as he started his walking again.

taehyung clenched his fists. was jungkook trying to one up him or something? trying to prove that he knew taehyung was weak?

or what if he cared? what if he was protecting him? it was a big what if, but what if?

his fists slowly unclenched as he kept on walking, his thoughts like clouds in his mind.

jungkook walked in annoyance. he didn't why he hurriedly pushed taehyung aside so he could kill the biter himself. just seeing something trying to attack taehyung sent him on edge.

this annoyed him. every confusing thought in his head was because of taehyung.

and yet, he still wanted him.

"finally." yoongi took note of the big supermarket as they stopped walking.

with caution, they walked closer to the entrance, noticing the vacated cars and dead bodies. some were biters, some mundane.

the big white building's sign lost its glow and now the colors were an ugly darker shade. it was dark inside the store, but the light from outside lit up the inside.

empty buggies surrounded the building and no one seemed to be around.

"jesus, this looks so creepy." jimin shuddered.

yoongi took his hand, "it's okay."

the four made their way to the door, pushing it to walk in. the door made a loud creeking sound, making them curse in their minds.

"okay, there's an exit at the back. there's an emergency one all the way to the left. three ways we can exit, including where we came in." jungkook looked around.

he looked at the males, "we split up. into pairs. whatever we need, put it in the bag. no more leaving stuff behind for others."

yoongi and jimin nodded, knowing they would be a pair. they stalked off in the same direction, leaving taehyung and jungkook standing by the entrance.