Chapter 13

The scene opens up to the heavily decorated streets of Vale, with the buildings covered in multiple coloured balloons and a bunch of signs that say "Welcome to Vale!" on it. Weiss, who is leading her team and team LUMD around looks around in awe.

Weiss: "The Vytal Festival! Oh, this is absolutely wonderful!"

Ruby: "I don't think I've ever seen you smile this much, Weiss."

Ruby frowns.

Ruby: "It's kinda freaking me out."

Maize coughs while laughing.

Weiss: "How could you not smile? A festival dedicated to the cultures of the world! There will be dances! Parades! A tournament! Oh, the amount of planning and organisation that goes into this event is simply breathtaking!"

Dandelion: "I think only rich people will appreciate those and not us common folks."

Maize slides beside Dandelion with his arms crossed and nodding in agreement.

Maize: "What she said."

Yang: "You really know how to take a good thing and make it sound boring."

Weiss: "Quiet, you!"

Yang: "Remind me again why we're spending our Friday afternoon visiting the stupid docks?"

Ruby: "Ugh! They smell like fish!"

Weiss: "I've heard that students visiting from Vacuo will be arriving by ship today. And, as a representative of Beacon, I feel as though it is my solemn duty to welcome them to this fine kingdom!"

Maize: "I think you as a Beacon student should welcome the foreign students in the school, not here. I think the locals of the kingdom should do that."

Lapis: "You're a local here, right? You should start the hospitality now."

Maize: "I-! I mean…"

Umbra smirks.

Umbra: "What's wrong? Do your job, you local!"

Maize: "I'm just pointing it out because she might have a different motive!"

Weiss starts walking ahead.

Blake: "She wants to spy on them so she'll have the upper hand in the tournament."

Maize: "What she said!"

Weiss scoffs.

Weiss: "You can't prove that!"

Ruby: "Whoa…"

They all look towards the end of the street to see a store with a shattered window and its doors covered in yellow caution tapes. They walked down towards the crime scene beside a detective, who appears to be writing on his notepad.

Ruby: "What happened here?"

Detective 1: "Robbery. Second Dust shop to be hit this week. This place is turning into a jungle."

The detective stops writing and walks over to another detective in the scene.

Maize: "Man, another one?"

The group overhears the detective's discussion.

Detective 2: "They left all of the money again."

Catching Ruby and Umbra's attention, they look at the two detectives.

Ruby: "Huh?"

Detective 1: "Yeah, just doesn't make a lick of sense. Who needs that much Dust?"