my breathing became unsteady as he looked down to my lips causing me to look at his. he made eye contact with me once again before leaning in with one of his hands caressing my face.

i thought my heart was going to burst as he closed the distance between us. his lips were soft against mine, like they were a perfect match. i felt hungry for his touch, i needed his touch, his love.

his head tilted left, mine right, as our noses touched each other's cheeks. i put my arms around his neck, wrapping my legs around his waist. his hands around my own waist. i played with his hair as he put his hands around me.

he pulled me closer if that was even possible. i didn't want to let go of him but i eventually had to. he slowly opened up his eyes to look at me once again as he caught his breath.

i didn't know how to feel, or what to do.

"i'm sorry, adelina. i don't know what made me do that." he tried to explain himself. i couldn't hear him over my heart pounding.

i climbed out of the pool after him. he handed me a towel, i gave him a small smile before taking my clothes and walking into the house.

i had to go home and talk to my parents. definitely more now that i had this confusing moment with joão. i gave him a hug before leaving. he told me to update him and that i can come back at any time.

i was glad he wasn't being awkward about the kiss that had just happened. i was so confused as to why i kissed him and why he kissed me. i tried to forget about it on the ride home but it was all i was thinking about.

my parents greeted me when i got home. carlos was nowhere to be seen, i felt like i could breathe again. "carlos left after dinner last night. he had a family emergency." my dad said without looking at me.

"how about you tell us what the hell happened to you last night? carlos wanted to surprise you and you ran out on him!" my mom held me down as she yelled at me.

"clara had an emergency too." i lied once again. "go call carlos and apologize to him. set up a day where the two of you can meet and talk." my mom spoke as she walked over to the kitchen.

"what? no! i don't want to see him anymore. i have said this multiple times!" i felt like a joke to them. my words never mattered to them.

"ADELINA! do as we say or else." my mom yelled at me while throwing plates across the floor. i flinched at her reaction but she didn't care.

"or else what? you will stop talking to me? go ahead! i don't even fucking care anymore." i ran up to my bedroom before locking the door after me.

i began to panic and felt as if i was trapped. i opened up my window to breathe again. i stayed in my room until night.

someone knocked on my door causing me to get up. i opened it up to reveal my dad. he had a sorry look on his face.

i let him into my room, he sat on my bed. "adelina, i'm sorry if your mom upset you. you know how she is, she wants the best for you." i can't believe he was apologizing for her.

"i told you both that i don't want to meet with carlos anymore. if you want the best for me, then listen to me for once."

he looked down before holding my hand and giving me a smile. "i'll make sure we don't mention him or let you talk to him anymore." he wrapped his arms around me, i hugged him back.

i always loved my dad more, i know it's a mean thing to say but he wasn't like my mom. (cries in both mommy and daddy issues 💀) he was always there for me unlike my mom.

he always apologized for what my mom did or said. i was sure i can trust him and tell him what carlos did before but now that i knew he can come back into my life at any moment, i was even more afraid.