And I realized how much Jungkook and I had let our lust control us yesterday. We hadn't even looked back when he pulled me by my hand out of the venue. And I certainly hadn't thought about anyone when Jungkook was deep inside me—

"Thank God you're okay," Rai interrupted my rambling thoughts, and I brushed a hand over my face. The wind blew the shirt up my body and I was already annoyed even though I had only been awake for a few minutes. "Dalrae and I tried to reach you, but none of you answered the phone and you weren't home either. We thought something happened to you."

It warmed my heart to know that there were people who cared about my well-being and were concerned no matter how bad it made me feel that I had left them without any information.

I grabbed the balcony railing and looked down at the street. The sun was up high in the sky already and I could only guess what time it was. I could remember that it had been two in the morning when I had stepped out of the bathroom.

Having sex with Jungkook had worn me out so much that I hadn't even heard the many messages and phone calls. But it was something I had so desperately needed. I didn't regret sleeping with him, but I knew we had been blinded.

My body felt light and I didn't know if it was just because of the skimpy fabric that did little work to cover my curves. That sensation of being touched as I had in my wet dreams was something I had missed for over a year.

At first, I hadn't felt the need for it, but after Jungkook and I had made that deal at his suggestion, my mind had started playing games with my brain and body. It had burned into my memory like a constant reminder that neither of us could sleep with whoever we wanted to.

Not that infidelity had ever been my escape, because I hated unfaithfulness, but I definitely hadn't imagined that my mind was so weak for touches and orgasms. So it was safe to say that Jungkook's eyes on my cleavage, his hands on my hips, and his smell in my nose had set off a spark in me.

I wasn't attracted to him or anything, and I explained the sexual tension to myself as some sort of degeneration of both of our hormones and the fact that self-pleasuring just wasn't enough anymore.

Would last night backfire on us? Probably. Did I want to think about that at that moment? Certainly not.

"We're fine," I confirmed after making him wait for a few seconds for an answer because I had been busy sorting out the many and jumbled thoughts. "We will be heading home soon."

"I'll let Dalrae know I spoke with you so she won't worry anymore," Rai said and I could hear him nod through the phone. "Be careful of the end boss, though. According to Dalrae, she wasn't too pleased with your sudden disappearance."

I pushed the urge to laugh back into a corner as the nickname forced a snort out of me. Rai loved to call Mrs. Jeon that, and other nicknames tore a giggle out of me every time. It was fair to add that Rai wasn't a fan of hers either.

And then I remembered something that had slipped my mind in all the hustle and bustle. Dalrae's name reminded me of the favor Rai had asked of me and that I had promised to help him with. The smile fell from my lips.

"Oh my God, Rai..." Disappointed in myself, I scratched the back of my neck as the honking of horns from the cars on the street below reached me. "I'm so sorry."

"For what?" he asked in wonder as his laughter died out as well.

"I forgot about you and Dalrae. You know I wanted to help you." There was a spot on the balcony railing where the paint had chipped off and I kept scratching at it with my black painted nail, the phone pressed tightly to my ear.