Serena's Secret Part 1

As the sun began to slowly wake and the sound of birds singing away in the trees filled the air, it was clear that morning had finally arrived.

 The gang were all sleeping peacefully in their tents. Ash and Clemont in one; Bonnie and Serena in the other. 

Bonnie was the first to awake.

"Morning Dedenne!" The tiny blonde said as she rubbed her eyes with the back of her hands. "Hey, Serena! Wake up! It's morning!" 

Bonnie scooted over, taking Serena by the shoulders and shaking her.

 The honey haired girl sat up and rubbed her crystal blue eyes.

"Morning, Bonnie!" Serena replied, yawning.

The two girls quickly changed out of their pyjamas, Bonnie's stomach grumbling in the process.

Serena smirked, exiting the pink tent they'd stayed in and starting a fire just as Ash had showed her. The girl then proceeded to prepare and cook breakfast for each of them.

  The smell of food lingered in the crisp air, seeping into the boys' tent and teasing Ash's hungry senses. He blinked his tired eyes open, sitting up quickly to get a better sniff of the air.

"FOOD!" Ash shouted, clambering across Clemont roughly so he could see where the delicious smell was coming from.

The raven-haired boy jumped out right in front of Serena, who could only smile and laugh nervously at the boy before her.

"I guess your hungry?" she blushed. 

Ash grinned, a nervous lap escaping his lips.

"Heh.. yeah." He replied, rubbing the back of his neck. 

Serena shook her head, a smirk lighting up the lower half of her face.

"Voila!" She beamed, handing a bowl of Chicken Noodle Soup to Ash, then another to Bonnie and finally Clemont.

"Thank you!" They replied in unison. 

Serena nodded her head and began to eat out of her own bowl.

After the gang had finished eating breakfast, They packed away their camping gear and Ash and Clemont finished getting dressed.

"So are you going to be training today, Ash?" Clemont asked, attempting to prompt a conversation with his friend. He was trying to improve on his social skills. 

Ash was about to reply when Clemont's younger sister Bonnie interrupted him.

"Awhh no!" She moaned.

"What is it, Bonnie?" Serena asked, instantly assuming something was wrong with the food she had prepared.

"I wanted to go to the beach today!" The tiny girl crossed her arms. "There's a sand castle competition! I was hoping you guys would help me win!" 

One look at Bonnie's pout and Ash couldn't bear to say 'no' to her. He grinned, shrugging his shoulders nonchalantly. 

"Sounds great! A day at the beach it is!"