Chapter 6 - Weird

- Jamie Lawson  - 

I took a sip of my coffee as I logged on to my computer. I was in the office early this morning. I had a lot of important meetings to attend today, and I had to finish some last minute details before the day properly started.

It was only Monday morning but it already felt like it should be the weekend again already.

All day yesterday I couldn't get a certain someone out of my head, and it was annoying me. This wasn't normal. Never in my life did I have this problem.

My mind kept wandering to the charity ball, and to the brown haired beauty. There was something about her that I couldn't get my finger around.

She had just inherited billions of pounds from her father, yet she was still living in a one bedroom apartment. The women I knew would have spent thousands of pounds on just clothes, in fifteen minutes. They would have bought a mansion that would make Beyonce jealous. They would have made sure they had the biggest pool and jacuzzi in the world. Why didn't she at least buy herself a decent house?

But something told me she was not like other women.

One minute she was shy and didn't like attention, and then the next she came out of her shell and was flirty and sarcastic.

I was used to the girls that were bold, wore skimpy outfits and would jump on me any second that they could get.

But not her. She was classy, elegant, the brightest woman in the room. And that damn fiery side that she had now and again, god, it intrigued me.

And that god damn dress. I couldn't take my eyes off of her. She looked perfect. A vision. A bloody wet dream.

This was just an extreme case of lust. I had to have her, and once I did,s he'll be out of my system, and I'll go back to my normal self. I was sure of it.

I sighed, closed my eyes and rubbed my temples.

Focus.

I stood up and walked around my desk, grabbing the TV remote and the files on the coffee table. My office was pretty big. It was on the top floor of the building, glass walls on two sides so I could watch the city below, and it was high enough you didn't hear traffic.

I had a long sleek desk on the top, along with my computer, phone, stationary and files. On the other half of the room, there were two black leather sofas with the small table in the middle, and a TV mounted on the wall at the top.

Sitting on the sofa, I switched on the TV and started flicking through the files in my hands.

It was going to be a long hard week. One of the hotels wasn't making the expected amount of money it was supposed to. I had sent one of my assistants to scope it out and report back to me and there were a few things that had to be changed.

Basically I had to fire the manager of that hotel. He was shit.

We were also due to open the new hotel and casino in Hawaii so I had to make sure everything was ready and in order.

"It's great to be here!" I heard a voice. Not just any voice.

I looked up to the TV and saw the woman that refused to leave my mind. Rose.

I stopped what I was doing and just watched. She never told me she would be on this show. Women normally talk all about themselves and go on and on about things like this, whether it be a fashion show, or photo shoot or TV appearance, they always made sure I new about it.

But of course, not Rose. I barely knew anything about the woman except the things that were on the media. I struggled to get two words out of her that was about herself. It was frustrating and I had no idea why.