Chapter 43 (Holy Soul)

Holy Soul POV

I looked around for her immediately as soon as I felt myself being separated from my physical body.

Yet, I think my beloved is still not around. Has she not died yet? I know she was discharged from the hospital decades ago but surely by now, she should be with me.

"Holy Soul," the angel who is assigned to protect me called.

"My beloved is still not with us. We always wait for each other at the gates. I'll wait for her a little longer."

"Holy Soul," the angel sounded troubled.

"Yes?"

"Your beloved will not be arriving, Holy Soul."

I turned to the angel. "What do you mean by that?" He gestured towards the golden gates that lead to the stairways to heaven.

"Please, enter the gates."

"No, I will wait for her. We always wait for each other." I returned my eyes to the road. She can't be lost, right?

"But-"

"We enter the gates together. Always." I walked away from the gates. Maybe she needs guidance though I don't quite understand why she would be lost since this place has always been our meet-up place.

"Holy Soul, where are you going?" The angel followed.

"I'm going to look for my beloved."

"The angels will explain it to you. Just go back to Heaven. You're the Holy Soul. You cannot wander off like this."

I shook my head. If I still have my physical body right now, I know my hands will be shivering in anxiousness already but since I am merely an apparition, I barely feel anything.

I reached her family home in this life but it seems like she's not here either. All I could see is her brother in this life tending on the lawn. l smiled, Jungkook grew up to be a fine man and now has his own family.

But he's not the one I am looking for. I am looking for his sister. Did I die too early? Usually, when we die, our deaths are close to each other. The longest we waited for one another was only a month.

Do I have to wait for that long? She did wait for me in our past lives together. I have no problem waiting for her this time. I looked further around the property until I saw a woman wearing an all black clothing. I paused at my steps.

That figure looks uncannily familiar. Too familiar, in fact.

Her face hasn't changed a bit. Her frame is still the same. Even her hair remained black. To study her further, I drew my way closer to her. It's fine to get close to her right now since as a celestial being, I have the power to keep myself hidden.

"Why.. is she still in that body?" I asked the angel. "Why is she still Y/n? Why hasn't her features changed?" My hands were trembling. Trembling? I am merely an apparition but why am I feeling what a physical body would?

"Holy Soul.."

"Tell me." I braced myself for what I was about to hear.

"You must go back to Heaven first."

"Angel, tell me." I am on the verge of
tears already.

"Y/n sold her soul to a demon." It feels like the air has been sucked out of my body. I fell to the ground as my knees weakened.

"N-no...that...that can't be. My beloved would never do that. She will never leave me." I watch as Y/n studies her brother. She's taking care of him this way?

"Why..why would she do this?"

"When she was dying, the demon on her deathbed had persuaded her to make a wish in exchange for her soul."

I feel like a thousand daggers are in my chest right now.

"No! No!" I cried. This can't be true. My beloved, why did you do such a thing? You know the rules if you sold your soul, we cannot be together anymore.

"You cannot blame her for it, Holy Soul. She was human when she was tempted. She wasn't aware of the consequences."

I still couldn't believe that this is all happening. I crawled my way towards Y/n and tried to grab her hand. She felt me. Her head turned towards my direction but it seems like the angel has prevented her from seeing me.

"Let her see me. So she will remember
and she will take back that wish," I begged.

"It cannot be undone."

"It can be."

"Her soul is already with the demon king, Holy Soul. Then it will be delivered to us and it will rejoin the other souls in the universe to create a new one.

I shook my head. "What will that leave me with?"

"Nothing. This is your beloved's last lifetime with you."

"Even her new soul will not be with me?"

"Her soul will be united with everyone else's. The result will be a fresh soul with no memories of the past. Clean slate."

"There has to be a way," I kissed Y/n's hand.

"Don't leave me.. please.."

"Holy Soul."

"Stay away from me."

"The demons, I am feeling them. They are watching you."

"Let them take me. Let me be where my beloved is."

"You know that cannot happen, Holy Soul. The universe needs you."

I cried. "My beloved..why..."

"She gave up her soul to be with Ruby Jane."

I looked at the angel. "What?"

"She tried to return to Ruby Jane but she already married someone. It broke Y/n and decided to run away from everything."

I shook my head, "Jane had to marry because she had no other choice. She was...she was waiting for Y/n!"

"Y/n doesn't know that. You didn't
know that as Ruby Jane."

"I-" I stood up and caressed Y/n's
face. She is stuck. She is stuck as Y/n.

No. Her soul. I must retrieve her soul. I cannot let her suffer like this.

"Wait for me, my beloved. I will return for you." I kissed her cheek. I know she will not feel it as the angel has controlled it.

The only way to save her is to retrieve her soul and give it back to Y/n. Then my beloved will be with me again.

"Where are you going now?" The angel asked me.

"To hell. I will talk to the devil."

Surprise no. 2 💀✅