Chapter 17 (Merry)

[I recommend you to play the video above while reading. That's all :D]

Jennie's POV

We skated around the Christmas tree. Neither of us is talking and I could see that Y/n is thinking deeply. I really ruined the mood earlier. I studied the area and everyone is really having a good time. How do I pull Y/n to enjoy this night again?

"Hey," I pulled her closer to me. "Do you hear the music?"

She nodded mundanely.

"Did I tell you that I used to do waltz. For kids. My mom enrolled me in this dance school and this is one of the songs we used."

"Okay?"

"Let me teach you some steps."

"Why do you think I would like to dance? What gave it away?" She asked sarcastically.

"You looked bored."

"I'm always like this."

"And I did say I'm going to put more excitement in your life." I pulled her to the center of the ice rink and raised her hand upward so I could make a turn like they do in waltz.

"What are you doing?" She almost laughed but somehow was able to keep it to herself.

"Waltz!"

"Well...it doesn't look like it."

"Welllll, the guy was supposed to be guiding me. Not the other way around. I never learned the guy's part."

"Tch, fine." She suddenly pulled me closer to her. If I didn't control myself I would have hit her chest hard. She raised one of our arms upward, she put my other arm around her shoulder while she placed her other arm on my waist.

"What are you doing?"

"Waltz. The right way."

We started twirling around the area along with the beat of the music. At first I felt a bit nervous but there's no way I will be stepping on her foot with these skating shoes as we glide on the ice. But I feel a different kind of nervousness. Something weird is going on with my stomach and my heart is starting to beat really fast. If she's not wearing gloves, she would feel how clammy my hands are getting despite the cold.

I took a glimpse of her face and she was just staring ahead blankly but I guess she felt me watching so she lowered her gaze and stared straight into my eyes. Suddenly, I couldn't hear the music or the feeling of my feet gliding to the ground. I'm just...I'm just with her.

Her eyes are bright, almost silver against the night sky and her dark hair. Her lips tightened as we stared at each other longer. At some point I thought she was going to lean for a kiss.

We suddenly stopped. She let go of me and took a step back.

"Why? Did I accidentally step on your foot?" I asked worriedly. It felt so nice why she had to end it quickly?

She stared at me with confusion and worry painted in her face. She placed her hands inside her coat's pockets and just stared at me.

"What?"

"I think it's too late. Let me take you home." She said.

"But...it's not even midnight yet." What kind of Cinderella damnation is this?

She sighed heavily.

"Did I do something wrong? Look, if it's about earlier I am really sorry about that. I didn't mean to ruin the night."