Chapter 36 (Broken)

Y/n's POV

I lay on my bed and played with a silver ring that I had since I was eighteen. My grandmother gave this to me on my birthday. It's her favorite accessory that she bought with her own money. She said that she didn't grow up in a wealthy family so when she got her own money and was finally able to have a stable job, she bought herself her own first jewelry.

I always have this ring in my hand. It never left me.

How long has it been since then? Few days? A week?

Someone opened the door. "Hey..."

I groaned. "Joy...knock."

She rolled her eyes. "I already saw you naked."

"Yeah...because you weren't knocking."

"Or maybe try locking the door?"

"I AM LOCKING THE DOOR! YOU KEPT LETTING YOURSELF IN WITHOUT MY PERMISSION!" As long as there's Joy, there's no privacy in this apartment. She's like Nayeon but the demon version.

"Oh...well...it's on me now." She beamed her white teeth at me with a smile.

"What do you want?"

She let herself in and showed me the things she's been hiding behind her.

"What are those?" I sat up on my bed.

"I'm gonna color your hair." She raised her hands with objects I am not familiar with.

"What is this now?"

"You need a new hairdo. That's what you need."

"I don't." I tried to tie my hair in a ponytail to keep it from her but she stopped me.

"People who move on from their ex, they change their hairstyles."

I shook my head in dismay. "I don't...understand...I'm not trying to move on from anyone..."

She placed her things on the free desk in the corner. "That's why it's been five years and it's been difficult for you."

I dropped my back on the bed. "Let me be."

She went closer to me and pulled me up with my hand. "New hairdo." She made me sit on the chair in front of the boudoir that I never used. Well, I tried using it once but I have no use for it anymore so it became an area where dust collects. I threw my art materials that were stacked here. Actually, I've been throwing away my things little by little since five years ago.

"I can do my own hair."

She shook her head. "Yeah...no...stop doing it. Not...not good..." she pulled a strand. "Like this cut? I could see where you're coming from. Like that angst messy hairdo but...no...stop. I don't know how you keep getting girls with this."

I rolled my eyes. "What are you talking about?"

"Your charm. Right? That's the idea?"

"Huh?"

"Your angst..."

I looked at her through her reflection in the mirror in front of us. Clueless.

"Anyway," she took out scissors from the stuff that she brought.

I held her hand before it could even get close to my hair.

"I studied cosmetology. Trust me."

I released her hand and closed my eyes. Joy, you can never stop Joy. She does what she wants. The Superior said that even her first years as a demon were a bit difficult for him. I guess it's the result of finally having freedom after being a battered wife. So the Superior said that he just let her be herself and it's been good for both of them. Joy is considered as one of the best half-demons while the Superior gets fewer jobs now since he could just pass them to her.