0038

AALIYAH BROWN
10 years later

             "Pryce, you really don't know how to decorate, do you?" I laughed as I looked at him, putting up the signs and cardboard cutouts in all the places I had told him not to put them in.

      "Nah, that's yo job baby, I don't know what the fuck I'm doing," he laughed back as I put the plates and forks back down and walked over towards him, helping him out and putting it in the right direction that it was supposed to be at.

       Today was my son Houston's birthday party - YES WE HAD A BOY, and yes I named him Houston after the city, because Pryce knew how much I loved my home town and I wanted them to still be apart of one another, so I named him and his sister Harley close together with the H's.

      If you haven't noticed already, I was going all out for his big double digits. Houston was very loved over here since the day he was born, and everyone welcomed him with love. I couldn't believe it when I blinked and my baby was ten years old, already going on 30.

      I didn't know exactly how to feel about it, but I felt something about it.

     We didn't have a specific theme set for his party, but we knew he wanted a summer bash, so that's what we were giving him - a mother fucking summer bash just like he asked for! I always made sure my kids had whatever they wanted, and best believe I got him the gifts he asked for; he was spoiled over here and I loved it that way.

     I wanted to make sure that everything for his party was perfect, so i gave pryce the job of just placing the cardboard pictures of him up, but pryce couldnt even do that. It wasnt even that hard.

     Checking his phone was Pryce, and he had noticed the time. "It's time to go pick up little man from school, you got the rest of this?" Pryce asked me, as I gave him a death stare.

      I hadn't managed to complete half the items on the to-do list. I still had to set out the activities, get the food prepared, and then there was the party bus coming for him and his friends to get on. "Just go," I shooed him off.

  "Call Jasmine or Kylan to come help you out," Pryce said, coming over towards me, giving me a kiss on the cheek before walking off and heading back into the house.

     Jasmine was supposed to be on her way her to help me out an hour ago, thats why i was using pryce's no good of a help ass in the first place, but kylan wasnt gone be able to help cause she planned to come when the party started, plus she said she had some shopping to do.

   She was one busy girl but she always made time for family no matter what, she would still be here later she wouldnt miss it for the world. Houston was her buddy.

    I huffed as I proceeded to figure out how I was going to get all this done before everyone arrived to the party. I knew I could do it, though. After all, I had done it before.

     There were a million and one things to do, but I would make sure that each and every one of them was completed. I had the energy and determination to make it happen, and I knew I could.

 I had the energy and determination to make it happen, and I knew I could