0033

AALIYAH BROWN

6 months later

6 months later..

checking my phone to see how much time I had left before I got off at work which wasn't much, I got off in about 10 more minutes to be exact.

i noticed a text message from ant asking me where I was at, I texted him back telling him I was at work getting ready to pick up kylan from school after.

he read the text, and didn't respond i just shrugged my shoulders going back to cleaning the tables Until my shift was over.

work was work, when I'm here I'm just usually ready to get it over with and head home. I had two jobs now, still kept my job at braums I liked it here.

I stopped tutoring at the school & now from time to time I took In appointments to take professional pictures for special events that's happening around in Texas.

After my shift was over, I had drove down to kylan's school to pick her up since they had just got out a few minutes ago. over the few months I've grown a great bond with kylan & I ended up adopting her because I had such a heart for her.

The process wasn't as easy tho, it definitely took some time, but she stayed with me during most of it since my place was stable enough for her to be there.

Anything was better for her then the streets, I couldn't imagine her in a group home either I thought it was best for her to stay with me, so I talked to her aunt & later she terminated the parental rights over to me, it definitely wasn't an easy process.

opening the car door kylan placed her bag on the floor and got in closing the door. "how was school?" I asked her starting the car up, driving out the lot.

"school was school, how was work?"

"Work was work" I joked mic mocking her