0037

AALIYAH BROWN
Wedding day

Standing in this dress not only did I look pretty but I didn't feel pretty. The thoughts I was having weren't sitting well with me. My mind started racing to how i didnt know how I could be a wife. What if I was a bad wife? But then my mind was telling me how could you be bad at being a wife? It's not hard.

        "Aaliyah," Jasmine's voice called out from the door, she tried to open it but it was locked. I locked it. "Aaliyah why is the door locked, you do know the wedding is about to start?" jasmine asked me

I stood there in the mirror staring at myself. "I don't think i wanna do this jasmine" i told her

"Aaliyah what? Yes you do you had been planning and talking about this ever since"

"Just tell pryce to tell everyone to go home"

"Girl im not sending them people home"

Jasmine's voice then began to become quiet and another voice lingered in making me smile. "You better open this door fa I knock it down," Antwan's voice said through the door as he messed with the knob. "I'm not playing with you aaliyah" ant said once again before i decided to open it.

"You dont wanna marry pryce?" he asked and i shook my head no

"I do wanna marry pryce" i told him

"Ight then what's the problem? Talk to me you know imma always listen"

"I feel weird that's all, like what if i can't be the wife pryce wants me to be? "

"Mane Aaliyah, it's okay to have doubts, but that dont mean yo doubts right. I know you love Pryce, and he loves the fuck out of you. If you dont think youll be an amazing wife, know that i do. "

"And if we are being honest you got everything you wanted? A family, a supportive ass soon to be husband, you finna be a mom, what more? You lit" antwan said making me laugh

He was right. I did love pryce and although the thought of marriage sounded even scarier now at the fact that we are actually about to do it.

      It reminded me that i was in a place that i also wanted to be in my life a long time ago, i wanted a significant other who could support me and be there for me and who would never leave me in the times where i needed them the most and pryce was all those things.

"This why i choose you to be my best friend" i said wiping the tears from the corner of my eyes

"I told you I gotchu, now come on and let's get out there everybody waiting on your ass" he said making me laugh as i followed him out the door, with his help of holding my dress as we headed out towards the room where the wedding would be hosted at.

     "You okay?" pryce asked me as he placed his hand on my face rubbing the sides of my face

"Im fine" I mouthed to him as the pastor began to speak, i looked around at everyone who was there. It was indeed a small wedding but it felt as if a lot of people were here.