Episode 16 - Troubles & Struggles

Otome games got many routes. The main heroine will fall in love with her love interests. The number of love interests is four to six. And each of them will have one good ending and two to four bad endings. That's normal for Otome games. What makes this game special among other Otome games was.... it got the yuri route. The hidden route where the main heroine and the main antagonist female fall in love. The route that only male players and masochistic female players choose to find. Most of the players wouldn't even bother to find and normal players give up due to the arrogant personality of the main female antagonist. Even after players found the route, most of them couldn't find the good ending due to the difficulty of that route. It's the route where Cecelia falls in love with Charlotte. In that route Charlotte regained her good personal because of Cecelia and she decided to become the emperor and then Cecelia became her queen. Players who finished that route with the good ending said the story was extremely romantic and emotional that they couldn't hold their tears and have to bite the blankets all the time. One might think that this is overacting if they haven't played the game by themselves. That's how the company got many awards and acknowledged their hard work. Getting too much profits, the company decided to make an anime for that game and announced the release date months after the game launch. Unfortunately, Kuragari died before the anime could be released and that's the biggest regret he got.

______________________________________

[At Academy's Lab]

Christina : No doubt, this is Dark magic.

After examining the dead monster's body wounds for a while, the old teacher lady said without hesitation. Others couldn't believe their ears

Carter : Are you sure, Christina?

Christina : Of course. Who do you think I am? Do I look like the kind of woman who would say any words that come into mouth?

The old lady glared at the man

Carter : I didn't mean like that. It just... I've never heard about Dark magic in my whole life.

Christina : Not your whole life, it's been nearly a thousand years since Dark Magic is gone. I can say this is Dark magic because it was different from other magic.

Louis : What about Forbidden magic?

Christina : Forbidden magic was similar to Dark magic. When a human wants to use Dark magic, they need a spell to sacrifice something and in return, they can use a tiny amount of Dark magic. In other words, it wasn't pure because the middle existed and filtered out to the amount that humans could handle. But these magic traces are too pure. This is real Dark magic.

The room became silent for a minute. Then, the knight starts talking

El Fer : You say that humans couldn't use Dark magic. Then, are you saying a monster used Dark magic to fight monsters?

Carter : What?

Christina : El Fer is right. Humans couldn't use Dark magic while evolved monsters can. But, only the monsters that evolved for multiple times could use Dark Magic. In other words, demon races.

Others were shocked by hearing the word "demon"

Louis : Demon races, you said?

Christina : Yea. All kinds of monsters have Dark magic but they couldn't use it because their intelligence is too low. But, evolution makes them become smarter each time. The more evolution, the smarter the monster was. And finally when they evolve into demons, they can start using Dark magic.

El Fer : You said multiple evolutions are needed. How many times exactly?

Christina : Maybe five to ten. I don't know exactly. It's been three centuries that no monster has evolved this much.