Chapter 14: Hogsmeade Escapade / Escapade à Pré-au-Lar

The twins:

---

Chapter 14:

Hogsmeade Escapade / Escapade á Pré-au-Lar

"So, how are we gonna do this?" Sebastian asks, his gaze scanning each of us with curiosity.

We're all gathered at the entrance of Hogsmeade village, huddled up together in our winter cloaks, scarves and even gloves for Al and I, still not accustomed to this bloody weather. The air is tingling with the wintry morning chill and the first snowflakes gently falling around us, covering our hair and shoulders in a light silvery powder. It's early morning but the streets are already buzzing with activity, filled with merchants and fellow wizards going about their business, creating a lively atmosphere.

With the start of winter break, our excitement is at its peak, and we're all ready for the long-awaited shopping trip that kicks off our holiday. Although I'm feeling a lot nervous, we're also supposed to get that new wand of mine... the one that's supposed to save my whole academic future.

"Do you mind if we save Ollivander's for last?" I ask, my voice betraying a hint of concern.

I can't help but sound a bit desperate, hoping they'll get where I'm coming from. Honestly, I'm not exactly psyched about the whole 'let's find a new wand and hope for the best' scenario. I mean, sure, my whole life and magical future kind of depend on it, but I'll pretend it's not a make-or-break situation. Who needs that kind of pressure, right?

Ominis, always the calm and collected one, comes through with that soothing voice of his, trying to calm my nerves.

"Of course! We can grab the supplies first, no problem," he says, his words bringing some much-needed reassurance and my shoulders relax a little.

I let out a huge sigh of relief, "Thanks."

I couldn't sleep at all last night, my mind racing with thoughts about what will happen if the new wand doesn't do the trick. And to top it off, there's that spell exam with Hecat right after the holidays. Supposedly, I should spend every day practicing for it, but who am I kidding? I'll probably go all in for, like, two days and then fall into my usual trap of procrastination. And don't even get me started on the massive pile of homework waiting for me. This break is gonna be a total whirlwind of chaos, that's for sure.

"Alright, folks, here's the plan for the day," Alphonse announces, his light blue eyes fixed on the crumpled list in his hands. We've got a mission to accomplish: restocking our potion ingredients and grabbing some fresh parchments before the school break ends.

Sebastian jumps in with a playful grin, "Why don't we divide and conquer? You and Ominis can handle the ingredient hunt, while Pretty Boy and I take care of the parchments." He knows exactly how Alphonse will react to this little jab, and it's just as entertaining as he anticipated. Ominis lets out a preemptive sigh next to me, fully aware of what's to come.