Chapter 13: Disillusionment Spell and Other Antics / ...

The twins:

---

Chapter 13:

Disillusionment Spell and Other Antics / Sortilège de Désillusion et Autres Facéties

We opt for a straightforward approach: spotting a ghost and following them using the disillusionment spell Sebastian just taught Alphonse and me, until we find their secret party. Standing at the bottom of the stairs in the Slytherin dungeons, we prepare to cast the spells on ourselves before searching for the ghosts. Ominis and Sebastian claim that the notorious DeathDay parties are happening somewhere in these very dungeons.

As I hear Ominis cast the spell on himself, I turn around and can't help but burst into laughter, quickly followed by Sebastian and Alphonse, who also gasp in surprise at Ominis's near-invisible appearance.

"Oh my God, Ominis!" I exclaim.

"What?" Ominis asks, sounding slightly annoyed as he feels our eyes on him.

As I glance at his wand, I can't help but stifle a giggle. The wand, just like his body, is almost invisible, with only a faint outline revealing his presence, but the blinking red light at its top remains visible, hovering in the air. It looks so peculiar, suspended there in mid-air, that I can't help but chuckle.

"I'm sorry," I apologize, trying to suppress the laughter. "Your wand, the blinking...," I continue, grabbing his invisible arm to steady myself.

He lets out a small sigh, and I can hear the hint of disappointment in his voice. My heart sinks, and the urge to laugh fades away instantly.

Sebastian, of course, couldn't resist a jibe, "Pretty Boy wasn't wrong, you're a beacon in the night!"

"At least it's not my odor giving me away, Sebastian!" Ominis snaps back, undoing the spell and reappearing beside me. His eyebrows are furrowed with irritation. Concerned that he might be taking this at heart, I grab onto his arm again.

"I'm sorry, Ominis," I say, hoping to make amends. "It's just that, with the little blinking light floating around, you looked too adorable, I didn't mean to offend you. I'm truly sorry." I give his arm a squeeze in hope to emphasize my feeling.

I can see the tension in his furrowed brows ease as he turns to face me. "Adorable?" he repeats, his tone softening.

"Yes, just the way it betrayed you unexpectedly, it took me off guard. I couldn't help it, I'm sorry!" I continue to plead, still holding his arm.

"Don't pretend to be hurt now, Ominis," Sebastian warns him with a playful smile.

"I'm not!" He protests half-heartedly, but his blush betrays him. I give his arm another gentle squeeze to show my remorse.