Chapter 1: Last Hope / Dernier Espoir

Author's note:

This fanfiction will follow the original game story with a few differences here and there. As of now I don't know how Sebastian will end up but I'm thinking of changing his final quest for the "better" and give them a happy ending! All and all this should be mostly about the twins evolving in Hogwarts and building a strong friendship (and romance) with Ominis, Sebastian and Anne. I'm not sure yet if I'm going to include the ancient magic stuff or the main quest, we'll see I guess! All good vibes and fluff and happy endings :)

--> English isn't my first language and this is my 2nd attempt at writing a fic, I'm sorry if anything seems odd and please don't hesitate to give some feedback :)

The twins:

--> my reference for their father is Tom Hiddelston  :)

--> my reference for their father is Tom Hiddelston :)

---

Chapter 1:

Last Hope / Dernier Espoir

"And you didn't think to mention that particular point before?" My brother shouts, furious. I cringe at the way his voice booms, echoing in the small office.

I give him a pleading look, my green eyes wide with anxiety. We really shouldn't be getting in any more trouble right now, and shouting at our newly met professor isn't the smartest thing to do at the moment. But deep down, I am thankful for his reaction. This is bad news for us, for me in particular, and I can already feel my anxiety creeping in on me, knotting my stomach painfully.

"As I said, you don't have to worry about this, we didn't realize it would be an issue", Professor Weasly responds, unfazed by my brother's sudden outburst.

"Of course it's an issue! What's the point in all this if we're gonna end up separated again!"

I turn at my father but he doesn't say a thing, He continues to look at Professor Weasley, brows frowning on blue eyes. He too is taken aback by the unexpected news and waits for further information on the matter.

"You will be able to make your own choice, at the end of the day, the Sorting Hat is there to guide you into your true house." She says in a voice that intends to be reassuring, but fails to convince my brother, or anyone else for that matter. 

"The sorting what? You're telling me a stupid fashion accessory is supposed to make that decision for us?" Alphonse turns to us with a bewildered expression, his platinum blond hair falling on his forehead. He instinctively combs it back into place with a familiar gesture.

"Alphonse, calm down!" My father finally says, appalled but not surprised by his own son's audacity.

"I will not!" Al snaps back. "The only reason we came here is for Em to be safe, to feel safe, and it won't happen if I'm not with her! I told you we were not to be separated! Ever! We stick together, no matter what!"