Even without looking at him, I could tell the smile wasn't genuine. Obadiah smiled contortedly, as though he were performing for the reporters. His eyes were devoid of any genuine happiness, and his gestures seemed rehearsed rather than spontaneous. Right now, if someone could see right into my head, they would probably say something like this. "Hey, why so rude?" or "What's your problem?" If I were totally honest, my only explanation is that I watch people for a living, so recognizing minor details and expressions has come naturally to me.

And what I picked up from Obadiah's expression was that it was clearly forced. They kept walking ahead, and I noticed we were getting close enough, so Pepper and I halted in the back. A voice abruptly arose from my left as I watched the crowd of people chatting animatedly on their phones with their publishers or waving their recording devices to get Tony's attention. "Ms. Y/L/N, Ms. Potts."

I turn to where the familiar voice came from, only to see Agent Coulson there, a slight smile on his face. Coulson. Coulson? "What are you doing here?" Startled, I mouthed without making a sound, and he just smiled back at me, then cast a glance towards Pepper when she spoke. "Yes," she replied, her voice filled with confusion and curiosity. "Can I speak with you two for a moment?" Coulson asked, his expression serious but his tone still gentle.

"We're not part of the press conference, but it's about to begin right now." In an attempt to steer the conversation, she says this and faces back to the front shortly after. "I'm not a reporter. I'm Agent Phil Coulson, with the Strategic Homeland Intervention, Enforcement, and Logistics Division."

Pepper nods, glancing back at him as she takes in everything. "That's a mouthful." I subtly grin and nod in agreement. "I know. We're working on it." He responds as he passes something to Pepper.

I lean over, only to see a familiar card. "You know, we've been approached already by the DOD, the FBI, the CIA..." Pepper started listing, at which point Coulson shook his head and briefly held out his hand. "We're a separate division with a more specific focus. We need to debrief Mr. Stark about the circumstances of his escape."

"We'll put something in the book, shall we?" Following her statement, Pepper gives me a brief glance before turning back to face Coulson. I nod.

"Thank you." He ended with a nod, and with that, Pepper returned her gaze to the front. With Pepper's attention diverted, he turned his gaze to me, giving a quick wink and a slight nod. I returned his nod with a slight smile, and he turned to leave. Then, just as Obadiah begins to speak, following in suit, I turn back to the commotion.

"Well, let's get this started, uh..." Obadiah said, looking around at the press, but before he could say anything more, Tony spoke up. "Hey, would it be all right if everyone sat down?" Seated in front of the podium, Tony says this while taking a hamburger out of his suit jacket. "Why don't you just sit down? That way, you can see me, and I can... A little less formal and."

As he finishes, he gestures for us to sit with a wave of his hand as he eventually removes the wrapper from the cheeseburger before biting into it

As he finishes, he gestures for us to sit with a wave of his hand as he eventually removes the wrapper from the cheeseburger before biting into it. After a brief exchange of glances, the reporters finally settled on a spot on the floor. Following suit, I begin to lower myself, and soon my legs are crunching against the mirror-like polished floors. "What's up with the love-in?" I hear Rhodey ask in a low voice, Who slipped over, undetected, or so he thought he did. Because as I replied calmly and composed from the corner of my eye, I noticed him look over to me with a hint of surprise crossing his face.