Chapter Eleven

Sean was staying over at his best friend's house and heading there straight after school. That meant Ella had the place to herself for the night. Lola called to ask every detail of what had gone on the day before. She was desperate to know why she'd asked Leonardo around the previous night.

"I didn't. He invited himself even though he knew I didn't want him to come," she said, annoyed that Lola believed him.

"That guy has the hots for you so bad! Who buys their assistant a whole new wardrobe? So now you have this new phone! You are living the dream right now!" She said in her high-pitched voice. 

"Not my dream, yours!" They laughed and spoke about Lola's week before saying goodbye.

When she checked her home screen, she had four missed calls and two messages from Leonardo. She hadn't seen him since last night and was unsure why he needed to contact her.

Answer your phone. - Leonardo

Forget it. - Leonardo

Ella frowned as she read his messages and replied.

I was on another call. Forget what? - Ella

Throwing the phone on the bed, she went for a quick shower. The water ran cold after less than ten minutes, typical. Another thing she had informed her landlord about, and he hadn't done anything about it. She put on shorts and a cami top and decided to cook dinner. After looking in the fridge and cupboards, she realized she'd forgotten to get shopping and had no money in her purse to order takeout. She'd eaten the leftover Italian at work earlier. 

Ella guessed cereal would have to suffice. Looking at her phone, she had another three missed calls from Leonardo. Why couldn't he text her like an average person? She jumped as the front door opened. Damn, she'd forgotten to lock it.

"Why did you not answer your phone? Why is your door open? There are all kinds of criminals around here who could walk straight in and attack you!" He said, looking distressed. 

"I was in the shower, and I forgot to lock it! I'm more concerned about why you just walked into my place without so much as knocking!" She stood up and crossed her arms, getting irritated.

He paused and looked straight at her legs, then up to her generous cleavage, his mouth parting. 

She knew her thin top left little to the imagination. The way Leonardo looked at her made her feel good, like a man who wanted a woman. Ella hadn't had any man look at her that way before.

"I came here because I was worried when you didn't answer my calls. Where is your brother?"

He made no effort to leave. Instead, he was making himself comfortable, taking his suit jacket off and throwing it over the arm of the chair.

"Have you eaten?"

"No, I was about to," she said as he watched her.

He pulled out his phone and quickly typed it onto his phone.

"Rupert will collect us something," he said before sitting down.

"What kind of boss comes to their employee's apartment at 7 pm to check if they've eaten?" She snapped back, annoyed at him sitting on the sofa, leaning back, stretching his muscular arms across the back, his foot resting on his knee.

"I am here because I was worried about you, as I said. Although now, I am worried about an entirely different issue. Seeing you like this makes me realize coming here may not have been the wisest idea."

"Why?" She asked. Finding it cute that he was worried about her. He cared about her.

"Because you look amazing, and I want nothing more than to..." Taking a deep breath, he looked at his phone. "Never mind."

"Then stop looking at me if it's making you uncomfortable," Ella mumbled. Pleased that he thought she looked terrific with her pajamas and messy wet hair.

"Do you want me to stop looking at you, Ella?" Leonardo asked, raising a sardonic brow.

Frowning, she put her hands awkwardly in front of her, clasping them. "What do you mean?" She asked.

"I think you know what I mean. I think of you, of us, fucking. I have every night since I first saw you. I have tried my best not to, knowing you work for me and that my advances may be unwelcome. But I know when a woman wants me, Ella. I can tell by the way you look at me, by the way you lick your lips whenever I am close to you, and now, by the way, that your body is begging to be touched. You want me as much as I want you."

Ella felt betrayed by her body's honesty, her dry mouth, and how her heart rate had sped up.

"I am trying my very best not to cross that boundary. But you want me to, don't you?"

She did. She wanted Leonardo to kiss her, to touch her as no man had ever touched her before.

"Yes," she whispered, swallowing as she refused to make eye contact with him.

He wasted no time, standing up and lifting her from the ground. Her bare legs automatically wrapped around him, and he held them in place as his mouth pressed against her own. His lips were soft as they moved, and his warm tongue invaded her mouth. She followed his rhythm, hoping he wouldn't sense her inexperience.

Between her legs, something hard began to press against her, and she let out a gasp as Leonardo moved her body against his, the sensation making her shiver with pleasure.

Their breathing was all that could be heard. Ella felt desperate for him to touch her everywhere, to move her body against his again.

"Fuck," he swore between their kiss as she moved her body and tensed her legs, unable to focus on anything else but the feeling it was giving her.

He sat back on the sofa, holding her tightly and still kissing her, his hands now roaming her body. She could feel his hands adjusting his trousers, and she stopped kissing him, looking down to see him undoing his belt.

"Do you have a condom?" He asked with a sense of urgency, his free hand at the back of her neck, pulling her back to place more kisses along her sensitive neck.

"We're not in a relationship. I am not having sex with you," Ella said, taken aback that he'd thought she would sleep with him right there on her sofa without even being together.

Admittedly, she had kissed him, but surely, he couldn't expect that to lead to sex automatically. She stood up, pulling the strap of her top up and crossing her hands in front of her chest.

"A relationship?" Leonardo spat out, a look of horror as he stared at her.