Chapter Six

The following day Ella was glad for an extra thirty minutes in bed. Getting a ride to work had its benefits, she supposed. She decided to wear the coat regardless of what Leonardo had said. It was the only one she owned anyway. Walking around the corner from her apartment, she spotted him, leaning against the black SUV, concentrating on his smartphone.

He looked out of place against the backdrop of this forgotten side of the city. With his tailored black suit, ankles crossed, and casual stance, he was too perfect to be here.

She saw the line between his dark brows as he slipped his phone into his pocket and spotted her walking toward him. His eyes only briefly met hers before trailing down to look at her coat, and she knew he was annoyed.

"Why are you wearing that coat? I specifically told you not to wear it."

"Because I have nothing else," Ella replied, feeling embarrassed. 

"What my employees wear to work reflects on me and my business. I asked you not to wear that coat because it is ruined."

It was harsh, and she supposed he was right to some extent, but it still hurt.

"I will buy a new coat once I get paid," she replied, her voice devoid of emotion.

Leonardo sighed as he opened the car door for her and indicated she get inside. A bag from a designer brand sat on the cream leather seats, and as Leonardo got in the other side of the car, he nodded at her to take it.

"That was rude of me. I apologize. This is for you."

Leonardo pushed the bag toward her. He watched as she looked inside and pulled out a beige trench coat. It was beautiful, and she knew it was out of her price range.

"I can't accept this. I do not have the money to pay you for it," Ella said, her face slowly turning pink as she looked up at him. 

"I do not want your money. Consider it part of the uniform if you want. Here, you will need these."

He reached into the bag and passed her two small boxes. Her hands were shaking as she opened them, and she knew Leonardo was waiting for her reaction. The coat was more than generous.

The fact he'd gotten her a matching umbrella, scarf, and gloves was so thoughtful.

"I don't know what to say," she awkwardly bit her lip, running her finger over the soft cotton scarf.

"You don't need to say anything," he replied.

His brown eyes continued to watch her, and she knew she was blushing. She wasn't used to getting presents. Slowly, the SUV stopped in an underground car park, and Leonardo wasted no time getting out and opening her door for her.

"Why don't you try the coat on?" He asked as she stepped from the car. It was a perfect fit.

"Thank you," she said, running her hands over the front of the coat.

He looked her up and down and nodded, approving of his own choice of clothing. "Perfect," he said, taking her old coat and passing it to his driver to get rid of it.

Neither of them spoke in the elevator, and the silence made Ella feel uncomfortable. Not to mention being confined in such a small space with him. His aftershave smelt clean and crisp, just like the man himself. She looked up at him from the corner of her eye, appreciating just how handsome he was. 

"What?" he asked, catching her staring at him.

"Oh, err, nothing," Ella replied. She walked out of the elevator as fast as her legs would allow and out of his sight.

Ella took her time in the kitchen and got into her uniform. Leonardo wasn't in his office chair when she came through, so she assumed he was in his bedroom.

She was surprised when she opened the door of the bathroom to find him naked in the bath. His tanned skin looked more toned with the water dripping from his body. His eyes were closed, and his head was resting against the back of the tub. His arms were big and muscular, with his veins slightly visible from his hard work at the gym. Then she followed his arms down to what his hand was holding. She had never seen a man like this before, naked and touching himself. Her experience with Todd had been in a dark hotel room and lasted all of a few minutes before he dropped her home. Not that his scrawny teenage body would have matched up to Leonardo Russo's.

A slight sound fell from her lips as his hand moved up and down, and his eye's opened. He sat up immediately, reaching out of the bath for a towel, and Ella covered her mouth with her hand.

She should have shut the door the second she walked in, not stood gaping at the man. "I'm so sorry I didn't knock... I didn't think you'd be in here. I'll leave you to, err, carry on."

Ella tried to turn around to leave and somehow managed to trip over her foot.
Wet hands caught her arms and pulled her back up. Leonardo smelt divine, and she could feel her pulse racing as he pulled her closer, her back pressed against his damp skin, warm water dripping from his hair onto her neck.

"Careful," he warned, easing the grip on her arms as she steadied herself. His mouth stayed close to her ear, and she felt his hot breath on her skin, leaving a tingling sensation in its wake. She inclined her head, strangely enjoying the strange feeling. Her mind was still overwhelmed with the images of what he'd been doing, and how it made her feel inside. His hands gently moved along her arm, and Ella trembled, not used to another person being so close, touching her.

"You need to be careful, Ella," he said again. "I don't want you to get hurt."

Ella turned her head, and her lips were barely a centimeter from his, and she could see the heated look in his eyes.

"Nothing good would come of this," he warned, his hands still holding onto her.

Knowing what Lola had told her about his past with women, she knew she was playing with fire. Did Leonardo find her as attractive as she did him?

"Next time, knock," he said before letting go of her and stepping back, tightening the towel around his waist. He had no shame exposing his body, and why would he? His body was built to perfection, so very male and powerful.

"I didn't know you'd be in here doing... that," Ella stammered, looking at the floor.

"Doing what?" He asked, his broad arms crossing in front of his chest. "Masturbating?"

Ella licked her lips, her mouth felt dry, and she didn't know where to look or what to say. "This conversation is making me uncomfortable. What you were doing has made me embarrassed to be around you," she replied, angry with him for putting her in this situation. But more upset at herself for not understanding her bodies reaction.

"You are the one who walked in on me. Do not imply that I am like your old boss. This is my office, and you know I bathe every morning. If anything, you should be apologizing to me for invading my privacy," Leonardo said.

Ella just wanted to run away and avoid the man forever. But, he was right; he was nothing like her old boss. She would never have stood there and gaped at her former boss as she had with Leonardo. She wasn't attracted to her old boss, that's why. 

"Maybe I should just be moved to another floor," Ella said. Her voice was high-pitched like it usually was when she got nervous.

"I will lock the door next time if you insist on walking in on me. But I won't relocate you to another floor. You've seen me naked. It's not the end of the world. Plenty of people have seen me without my clothes on."

He flashed his devilish smirk and stepped closer toward her. "Unless there is another reason you are concerned?"

It wasn't how he hadbehaved; it was her reaction to it. The way her insides had tightened, the wayshe'd shivered when he'd only touched her arms. The fact she wanted him to touch her, to kiss her. She couldn't tell him that, soshe lied.

"No, It's ok."