Chapter 9

I walked into the Great Hall and felt dizzy. I stumbled and collapsed to the floor. I felt Harry shake me and I transported us to my room. He helped me to the bed as I activated the wards. I laid down and pulled him down beside me. "Don't... let anyone in, no matter what. Call for Twinky if you get hungry... don't leave me unattended..." I yawned. "No one can come in so don't leave me." I whispered before I shut my eyes to the world.

Harry Potter's POV

I would protect her like she protected me but first... sleep.

I awoke a few minutes later to people pounding on the door. "Open up, Blackthorn!!" Bellowed Snape. That guy was a douchebag. "Potter, I know your in there with her! Open this door!" I smirked. "So sorry, Professor Snape but whats the password?" I could practically hear the rage he was emitting from the other side of the door. "Why you insullant little brat!! OPEN THIS DOOR POTTER OR I SHALL TAKE SO MANY POINTS AWAY FROM GRYFFINDOR THAT YOU WILL BE THE MOST HATED PERSON IN YOUR HOUSE! ALONG WITH MONTHS OF DETENTIONS WITH MR. FILTCH!!" Snape roared. I snickered. "That's not the magic password." I said in a singing taunting voice. There was a loud boom from the other side of the door and I gulped. He had just tried to blow the door open. "Come back later, Professor." I called and curled back up with my guardian angel, ignoring Snape and falling back to sleep.

I woke to Lockheart's voice. "My beautiful blackbird... open the door and I will forgive you for last night upon seeing your beauty." He called from the other side of the door. I made a look of disgust and got up, grabbed a book, and laid back down on the bed to read. I looked over and noticed the way professor Blackthorn was breathing heavily and sweating. I dropped my book and ran to the bathroom to grab a damp cloth. I came back and dabbed her forehead. She looked to be having a bad dream as she made sounds of protests. I looked up at the clock and realized it was dinner time. What did she say that elf's name was? Sparkle? Twinkle? Twinky! I cleared my throat. "Twinky." I called softly. There was a pop and a small elf stood on the foot of the bed. "Yes. Mr. Potter?" I smiled. Definitely not like that annoying elf, Dobby. "Would it be ok to ask you for some supper?" The elf looked at me oddly. "Why yes, Mr. Potter. What would Mr. Potter like?" I thought for a moment. "Could you get me some roast beef, some mashed potatoes and gravy, some cooked carrots, and a couple of treacle tarts, please?" The elf bowed and dissappeared. I turned back to my guardian angel and dabbed her neck and chest. Not in a sexual way just to get off the sweat, I swear! I turned back to the elf as it appeared. "Thank you!" It nodded while still giving me a strange look then disappeared. I dropped the cloth and scarfed down the food. Once finished, I cleared my dishes and crawled back into bed with Blackthorn. I watched her sleep for a few minutes and then I noticed a leather bound book sitting on her nightstand. I reached over and grabbed it. I opened it up and saw the pages were yellow. I saw pictures of her as a little girl and with each page I turned she grew up to be rather beautiful and always smiling, not her normal fake smile but a geniune one. Then there was a photo of her wearing all black and standing in front of a mahogany coffin, holding back tears and looking heartbroken. It was a photo that made my heart hurt for her. It must have been her father. I turned the pages again but she never smiled. Then I turned to the last page. I almost threw up when I saw her tied down to a stone table, convulsing. I looked underneath it and saw her on the floor in her own blood as women stabbed her repeatedly. I turned and looked at the back of the page and gulped with fear. A women that looked like her mother stood near the throne but was turned to ashes. Blackthorn killed her own mother.... what had those women done to her. I looked over at the peaceful looking woman and felt bad for her. I closed the book and put it back before I curled up beside her and put my head on her breasts before I fell back to sleep.

I woke to arms wrapped around me. I opened my eyes and saw her clinging to me as she looked like she was having a bad dream. I shot up as there was a pounding on the door. "Potter, open this door!" I sighed. Snape just could not give up, could he?! "Come back later, Professor. Its too early." I called. He then started to throw spells at the door causing it to shake and crack. I looked at the time. 7 am. I looked to see Blackthorn still asleep. I looked up as the door blew in and a large fraction of the door hurled toward us. I screamed as I shut my eyes and braced myself for the pain but it never came. I opened my eyes to see it was frozen in mid-air only centimeters from my face. It was tossed to the side by an invisible force, landing with a heavy bang on the floor. I looked up to see Blackthorn had her eyes open. She released me and sat up.