C H A P T E R 22

(Muichiro's pov)

I can't believe it has been almost a year now since I last saw y/n. Sometimes I find myself dreaming of her, but of course she was still no where to be seen.

I found it hard to accept that she could be devouring humans for the sake of her blood thirsting demon instincts. Y/n wouldn't do that, right?

Everyone has been telling me to get over her as if it was that easy. Till this day, I blame myself for her conversion.

I just hope your okay y/n.

———

(y/n's pov)
-BET YALL WERE WAITING FOR THIS-

"Please!" A young man begged on his knees in front of me.

"How disgusting." I whispered. "What makes you think I'll pity a hideous man like you?"

"I'm begging you! Please, I know your a good person at heart. I know you wouldn't have done this as a human!"

"Are you trying to insult me?" I held the tip of my blade at the mans chin.

"Are you sure this is the path you want to go down? Preying on innocent lives?—"

A figured appeared behind me.

"Well? What is taking you so long to end this man? This is not what I taught you y/n."

"My apologies, Master Muzan."

"You have a significant other don't you!" The man cried.

My eyes widened.

"How..." I stepped back.

"You spared my wife—"

"—You did what?" Muzan raised his voice.

"You don't have the heart to kill anyone, do you? Because your heart belongs to that one boy you fell in love with. I'm sure he'd hate to see you like this right now."

I felt lost at words. The poison Muzan put in me made me forget majority of my memories. Why was I suddenly so hesitant?

Kill him, y/n. Do it. Kill him.

Do it, or Muzan will kill you.

My hand trembled as I tightened my grip on my katana.

DO IT.

No, don't.

All I want to do is see him.

Muichiro, I miss you.

Before I could kill the man, his head decapitates on its own.

"Tsk. I expected better from you, y/n." Muzan stands behind me.

"I-I'm very sorry. Please forgive me. I don't know what happened to me. I..."

"You?..."

"...I can't do this anymore."

I attempted to escape, but I feel a sharp object penetrate through my waist.

"Do you think I'm stupid? I knew the poison had been wearing off. Sigh. I really thought you would stay loyal. Guess I thought to high of you, because you will never be good enough."

I managed to leave a minor cut on Muzan's face, but not deep enough to do the slightest bit of damage.

What was I doing? Was I that stupid? Trying to fight one-on-one with the most powerful demon of all.

"You seriously think I wouldn't kill you this second?! You are nothing but a piece of trash to me."

I didn't have the time to feel offended by his insults. I kept fighting for my life. Dodging all his hits, making sure his nails wouldn't penetrate through my skin because he could insert something deadly enough to kill me in a second.

My goal was obviously not to kill him, but to escape from his control. The closer I was to him, the more brainwashed I was. He treated me nothing but like a little puppet. I was only alive for the sake of his entertainment. I was powerless. I didn't even have control over my own body.

All those nights I spent, crying and sobbing realizing my memories were coming back. I was remembering it all. It made me feel so lonely. I was only praised for the meaningless, heartless kills I did. What I needed the most was love from the person I missed the most. I had no one else in the world but him.

"Gosh, you are so stupid y/n."

Our fight caused the house to crumble, which I took as an opportunity to leave. My body was weak. I refused to eat anyone even though I felt like I was dying from starvation. If Muichiro ever found out, he would never see me the same nor will he ever forgive me.

My body was now completely covered in deep cuts. Not to mention how low my stamina was. I felt so ashamed of myself.

All I can do now is run.

Run. Run. Run.

I wasn't sure where to run to, but hopefully if my instincts are right, I might have a chance of surviving.

I only had one place to run to.

Home.

—————————————

a/n: another cliffhanger yall 🥳🥳 sorry if this chapter is short. HAD SUCH A BAD WRITERS BLOCK 😭😭 guys trust, it'll get better