C H A P T E R 7

(Y/n's pov)

I wasn't sure what time it was, or how long I even slept, but I knew for a fact, time passed quickly.

My e/c orbs opened slowly, to adapt to my familiar surroundings.

I was still in the forest, but my sleeping position somehow changed.

Last time, I was laying on Muichiro-san's shoulder, now I could feel my warm cheeks laid on the cool surface.

Not only did I wake up to myself on the ground, but a pair of hands holding my waist, as if I was a teddy bear.

I slowly adjusted my head to see a cute boy sleeping peacefully.

His messy black-blue hair covered his face.

I motioned my hands to his face and moved the strands of hair out of his pretty face.

Suddenly, blue-teal eyes fluttered open.

"Y/n." The boy whispers in a soft tone.

I giggled and smiled.

"Sorry." Muichiro apologized, releasing his embrace around my waist. "I just couldn't help, but hug you to sleep..."

"Heh it's fine." I replied.

One advantage I could be confident about with my face covering, was that it hid my face when I needed to, just like my current situation. My face was burning red.

At least I wasn't the only one. I could see Muichiro glow a pink tint on his cheeks.

He rubbed the back of his neck.

We just sat there awkwardly.

"Should we head back?" I asked, getting up on my feet.

"Yeah."

Now, we were both walking out of the forest.

We passed headquarters, so I assume we're heading to his house.

Just as I predicted, we stopped in front of his estate.

The gentleman opened the door, and allowed me to walk in first. I thanked him, then sat down on a chair by the kitchen table.

Muichiro sat in front of me, and stared the soul out of me. His eyes transferred a sharp energy to me, as he looked at my e/c eyes.

It was like having a staring contest.

"It's like your teasing me with your pretty eyes." I said leaning back on my chair.

"Eh.." The boy hummed.

"I've never been so bored."

"Same."

A crow had interrupted the silence.

"KAW! KAW! KAW! Kakushi L/n F/n! You are needed for a mission! Please come to headquarters! I repeat, assistance is needed in a mission right now, come to headquarters whenever your ready!"

I looked back at Muichiro.

"Sorry gotta go." I replied disappointed.

"Just come back alive." He joked.

"I will." I finally concluded, before leaving out the front door.

I ran until his estate was no where in sight.

Headquarters was just a few steps away.

I randomly zoned out. I could still feel Muichiro's grip on my waist...

"Oi Y/n! You ready?" Yelled a Kakushi.

"Yeah, I'm coming."

I caught up with the group leaving, and set off for the mission.

We all ran with first aid boxes, and other medical things that were necessary.

Oyakata-sama gave me a sword, which I kept hidden, unless I went to help in important situations.

I could hear my blade ringing and clanging against its holder.

"Where's the mission located?" I asked.

"Not sure. A crow is leading us. It's not that big of a deal, there was no upper moons. Just another attack with a mountain amount of people harmed." A fellow Kakushi answered.

"Yeah, I heard the entire town was invaded, and managed to be saved last minute." Another added on.

"Ohh... interesting..." I replied back.

I concentrated on the road in front of me.

Nothing else.

Not even Muichiro.

My mind was empty. Just like a blank sheet of paper.

We slowed down a little when we started to arrive in front of a damaged town.

I heard the Kakushis mumble and make comments.

I even noticed there was no Hashira included in this.

The crow flapped away.

Usually they would all depend on me for instructions, since Oyakata-sama had taught me well.

Everybody knew my usual routine.

"Okay, group A, you guys set up a camp and gather all the survivors." I said signaling them into groups. "Group B, you guys will treat the survivors, and finally group C will clean up anything that's left behind."

As soon as I gave my orders, all of them dashed to start their tasks without hesitations and questions.

My job was to watch over them and assist if extra help was needed. This mission had a lot to finish and complete.

Healing and treating might have been easy, but clean up and rebuilding was a problem. There was enough of us, just a lot to build, since every building was knocked down.

I started watching the sun go down and the sky turn dark. We were usually able to get things done before the next day, but this would take more than 1 day. Maybe at least 2 weeks or so.

Of course, it was still dangerous for us to work in the dark and all, so we set up a lot of tents and camps for both survivors, as well as us Kakushis.

Everyday repeated the same process, and all I wanted to do was...

just go home...