𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 13. the spiritism club

Magsimula sa umpisa

     "The cameras were intentionally cut off just before the deed but look..."
He turned the screen toward the girls, "We can see Nana hiding behind the wall and right here, there's someone in front of her."

The teen shuddered as she reviewed the scene from an outsider's point of view. The stranger was really only a few meters away from her, and if Sunghoon hadn't helped her in time, she'd have been caught.

     "This person trashed a lot of the offerings so it's probably the guilty. No need to burden Mrs. Suzuki any further." Junko sighed with relief and placed her hands on the heroine's shoulders.

     "But who could it be then?"
Rachel asked, arms crossed. All along, she'd been very quiet.

     "I don't know, because of the outfit and the darkness. It's hard to identify something but with the size and figure... I think it's definitely a boy."

     "...What are you going to do about this?"
Nana's voice had popped up in the silence, captivating his attention.

     "It's complicated."
He had placed his elbows on the table and stared at the student with sorrow. "What you've been through is unfair for sure, we're going to take action to all of this."

     "No, I'm not talking about that... What are you going to do about the sentences that were written?"
She was referring to the insults, threats, but most of all... To the sentence indicating that the killer was back.

Of course, she was the only one who knew that this could potentially be the killer. Consequently, all the others were unaware of the danger.

     "Oh, that..."
He coughed. "Those sentences doesn't mean anything. It's probably just a bad joke."

     "Excuse me? A joke? It—"
Nana sighed, forcing herself not to reveal too much. "...It sounds very serious."

      "That's for the police to decide. Don't worry, you're off the hook, even if you still have to be punished for breaking into the school at night."

The young woman lowered her head, despite of the situation, this detail wasn't lost on Mr. Lee, who replayed the moment when Nana was seen opening the school gate a few minutes after the culprit.

     "May I ask what you're trying to do, basically?"

Faced with this question, the heroine stiffened. Her explanation was too complex and revealed far too much about Sunghoon's situation.

Junko looked at Nana out of the corner of her eye before addressing Mr. Lee.

     "She forgot her... Her meds! You know it's very important for her health so..."
The brunette patted her friend's back, "It was foolish. I agree but, she already had a bad morning please be merciful."

"I'm not supposed to let this go, but... I'll think about it."
Mr. Lee nodded. "You can leave now, I have to call Sunghoon's parents."