Forget it.

Again.

Kyle's pov:
The heavy humidity of the night made me loose my mind, nothing less nothing more. It had been about an hour and a half since I put Ike to bed, and honestly I regret doing so.

The unbearable silence in the home since my parents left is uncomfortable, the house feels heavy and my heart won't stop beating fast.

The odd feeling of something wrong keeps on making me go crazy. Not only that but someone is on my mind.

Blonde hair. Really.

This is embarassing, he seems so foolish really. The only reason I am mad at him is because he was popular the first day back, that's so pathetic, Kyle.

Getting up from the hot bed, I turned on the black fan finally giving into the need of cool in the room. The soft buzz was enough to at least get some noise in the room, taking a sip of water I took out a planner and began to write.

That's when a small little message appeared on my phone, the notification making a Hella loud noise for the dead of night making me completely want to die.

"F..FUCK!! SHUT UP!!" I whisper-yelled.

Opening my phone, I saw his name.

Stan!: Hi Kyle uh can I tell you something 😓

Me: what?

Stan!: uhhh do you have Wendy's number?

Me: Oh yeah!! Here : xxx-xxxx-xxxx

Stan!: thank you kyleee ILY

Me: 🤷‍♂️ you're welcome :)

The nice scent of plants welcomed me down the stairs, pots lying where they can with beautiful herbs and flowers. My mother loves plants a little too much but I don't blame her, the plants give such a homey feeling I kind of needed. Sure it's nice having someone like Stan back in the neighborhood but it also feels different.

He changed a little too much, hopefully he doesn't drink anymore. Whatever

Grabbing a banana from the fruit bowl I peeled it and began to munch on it.

I wonder why he needed her number? Maybe they will get back together.

Why do I care, heck I feel like that would make me feel a lot better since the old him dated her.

"K..kyle?"

Jerking my head up towards the top of the stairs I saw a frightened seven year old boy hugging tightly to his sonic plush I got him.

"Shh, it's ok" I smiled, walking slowly up the stairs then holding his small hands.

"I...I saw a..." he began to cry

Bringing him into his bedroom I laid beside him and held him until he stopped crying.

"And...then...the monster tried to kill you-" he hiccups

"Oh Ike, you know how much I love you, I would definitely eat the monster before it could even come near you, he'd never kill me or you" I smiled

"B..but it has superpowers"

"So do i"

"R..really?!"

"Let me tell you a little story Ike"

Looking around the room desperately to find something to give me an idea, I saw those light up stars you would see on the ceilings.

"Long ago there was a star, it was alone in the galaxy. Millions of years away from where the other stars were, it cried every night for someone until it gave up and went to find the other stars, falling..."