Chapter 12 Gaining drama

Hi everyone!

I tried to make this chapter a bit longer. I hope You enjoy! Please keep on voting and commenting whenever you want to say something about the story! (:

And another edited chapter!

For now, love and blackliquorice<3!

ps. I dedicate this chapter to emery73 because of the great support! Thanks!

Chapter Twelve: Gaining Drama

I could move as I looked into his dark brown eyes. Why hadn’t I noticed how beautiful and mesmerizing they were before? I felt my cheeks getting red, and I let my gaze trail down. The white, long-sleeved shirt he was wearing looked good on him. He had pulled his sleeves up to his elbows and, because of the dancing and the heat, he was lightly sweating, allowing me to get a hint of the muscles underneath.

My heartbeat rose as my eyes wandered all over his body. It was breathtaking; it made me shiver and made me want to touch him. I could feel my wolf stir inside me. I could feel how happy she was and wanted to be with him, or, should I say, wanted to be with his wolf.

Wait! What?! As I suddenly realized, I grabbed Britt’s arm and pulled her away from Eain, still unable to look away from his piercing eyes. I forced myself to turn around, and I dragged Brittany to the entrance. I searched through the racks for our jackets while Brittany kept asking questions.

“Flower, what the heck is going on?”

I couldn’t answer; I was in shock. My thoughts were going a hundred miles an hour and my emotions felt numb, but, at the same time, I felt everything all at once. My skin tingled and felt hot.

“Flower!” she yelled right into my face. That snapped me out of my trance. She put her hand on my shoulders and made me look into her eyes. “What is going on?”

“I-I…” I put my hand on my forehead, closed my eyes, and sighed. “How did this mate thing work again?”

“What?”

“This mating thing…” I started tapping my foot and moving my arms impatiently as she stayed silent. She was probably trying to add some reason to our conversation. “Brittany,” I said, clenching my teeth together, “what happens when you find your mate?”

“Did you find yours?” she asked in disbelief.

“I-I—maybe.”

“Shit!” she said as her eyes widened. Her mouth dropped open, apparently putting the pieces together. “Wait! Is Daniel your mate?”

“I don’t know!” I put my hands in the air. “Britt, tell me, how do I know?” I started pacing, unable to stand still, my body trembling.

“Did you guys, like, gaze at each other?”

I nodded slowly.

“Did your heart beat rise?”

I nodded again, more afraid now.

“Did you feel a bond between your wolf and his?” she asked the last question slowly, as if she was trying to figure it our herself.

I tired to hold onto something on the wall to keep me from falling, but there was nothing. I placed my back against the wall and let myself slide down. “Please, don’t tell anyone,” I begged her.

“Why would I wanna tell anyone?” she asked, placing herself next to me and putting her hand on my arm.

I closed my eyes and took a few breaths until I felt a little bit of the panic disappear. I felt a teardrop run down my cheek; I hadn’t even realized I was crying. I cracked a smile at Brittany. “I am so screwed,” I said as I wiped the tear away.