Chapter 7 Daniel

Hi Everyone!

I am so excited this story hitting 2000 reads. It's unbelievable! Please keep on voting if you like it and please keep commenting whenever you want to say anything about the story (that includes structural critisism of course!)! 

A/N: I had some difficulty with this chapter so I changed the POV. From now on, every chapter that is called 'Daniel' will be from his POV! Enjoy!

This chapter just got edited and it's wonderful!

For now, love and blackliquorice <3!

Ps. Photo on the side is how I picture Claire Miller!

Chapter Seven: Daniel

I shifted back as soon as I walked into the house. My dad had told me, through our mind link, I had gone too far, and he wanted to speak with me inside. I didn’t regret it. I knew she was going to shift the second I touched her; I saw the look she had gotten in her eyes when I started talking about her uncle. I knew immediately he had touched her. She had shifted into her black wolf then.

I put some clothes on and walked to my dad’s office.

“What the heck did you do that for?” my dad asked the minute I walked in.

I shrugged. “You told me to get her angry, so I did.”

“You practically raped her!” he shouted. “You know she has a strong wolf; she could mean a lot to our pack! How will she trust her Alpha?” Like I care.

“Dad, I know I shouldn’t have touched her, but talking her into it wasn’t going to cut it.”

“What do you mean?”

“She has been touched by her uncle, and I knew, by bringing it up, she would shift.” My dad didn’t respond; he just looked at me, telling me to carry on with my explanation. Apparently, he hadn’t heard what I had whispered in her ear after I had pushed her to the ground. “I saw it in her eyes the moment I said Adam’s name. It was a different kind of fear.”

“I’m happy that it worked out because you know what I would have done if it didn’t,” he said in a serious voice. He had calmed down, but I could tell he was still angry with me.

“I’ll admit, it was a gamble,” I admitted, putting my hands in the air.

“You apologize to her,” he commanded in his Alpha voice, and I could tell this conversation was over. Me, apologizing, yeah, like that was gonna happen.

I went back to my room and took a long, hot shower. I couldn’t let go of this nagging feeling about what I had done to Flower. The fact that it had turned me on to see her that mad after I had pushed her on the ground was something I refused to admit, but I knew it was true. I slammed my hand on the wall of the shower. Shit! How could I be so sick?!

I put on some shorts and lied down on my bed. Should I call Amanda? She always knows how to cheer me up, I thought as I felt a grin make its way on my face. I was just thinking about what she had done last night when I heard a knock on the door.

“What?!” I yelled angrily at the door, at whoever disturbed me.

“Uh, Daniel, can I talk to you?” Flower’s voice made me not want to open the door at all, and the excitement in my pants from my little flashback wasn’t getting any smaller. Great.

“About what?” I yelled. I heard her shuffle behind the door and chuckle.

“If there’s someone with you, I can come back later,” she said.

After her comment this morning, I ran to the door and pulled it open. “What?” I yelled. Flower was standing right in front of the door, and, as I opened the door, I stood there, screaming at her, barely five inches away from her face.

She looked at me with wide eyes. “I am not disturbing anything, am I?” Her  eyes wandered down and stopped at my pants. “Right,” she said, drawing the ‘i’ out. “I’ll come back later.”

“No, it’s fine. Come on in.” I stood aside so she could walk through. She peeked into my room—that was obviously empty—and walked in. She stood uncomfortably in the middle of the room.

I waved my hand towards the bed. “Sit.”

She was about to say something, but shut her mouth and went to sit at the edge of my bed. I stood, leaning against the door, and waited. She had put on her pajama shorts and a tank top. Her curly brown hair was still wet from a shower. I noticed she was quiet pretty.

“I’m sorry for calling you a manwhore. I’ve only been here for five days, and I am not capable of good judgment, yet.” I was taken aback by her apology, but I stayed silent. I was never gonna forgive her or her wolf for attacking me this afternoon and, of course, for kicking me in the chest. She publicly humiliated me twice this week; she was going to pay for that.   

It was a good thing she hasn’t been to school yet because she would have seen how hard the guys were in me because of that. The future Alpha attacked by a girl. After today, it would only get worse.

“Can I ask you something?” she asked, pulling me out of my thoughts.

“Hmm?”

“How did you know?”

“How did I know what?” I knew exactly what she was referring to;; I just wanted to hear her say it, so it would pain her.

She looked at me with fuming eyes, as if she knew. “About my uncle.” It was almost a whisper.

Even though I could have made up a really good story, I knew the truth was good enough. “I could see in your eyes how fucked up you are.”

She opened her mouth and snapped it shut. I could sense she was about to lose her temper. Good for her. I got a grin on my face, that made her furious, and she walked up to me.

“You don’t know shit about me, Mr. Miller,” she hissed the words two inches away from my face. I put my ‘boring’ face on and tried not to blink. “If I ever find out you’re telling anyone about Adam, I will kick your ass,” she said, emphasizing each word while pointing her finger at me.

I slowly rose two feet and she took two steps back to create some space between us. I opened the door and made a gesture, indicating I wanted her to leave. She burst out of the room.

This girl has a fucking death wish! I slammed the door shut and picked up my phone. “Edward, it’s me.”

“What did I tell you about calling me Edward?” he sighed.

Yeah, forgot. He didn’t want to be called Edward anymore since he learned of the human book series, Twilight. Vampires don’t exist anymore, but that didn’t mean you wanted to be associated with one.

“Sorry, Ed. I need a distraction,” I let out in one breath. “Can we go for a run?”