Chapter 4 Losing reality

Hi everyone!

It feels so good to have my work appreciated! It encourages me to write on! Thanks for all the votes, comments and messages! I hope you enjoy this chapter.

This chapter got edited! (:

For now, love and blackliquorice <3!

ps. Photo ont he side is how I picture Matt Miller!

Chapter Four: Losing Reality

I looked at the man in front of me. Daniel looked a lot like him; this was definitely his father. The only difference? This man radiated power. It made me uncomfortable, and I looked down at the mess I had made in my cell. Yeah, this was definitely the best impression I could make on someone that could get me out of here.

“Daniel, go get the first aid kit. You didn’t tell me you got her injured.”

“He didn’t,” I said as I sat down on the bed after Daniel had left. The man had a look of surprise on his face.

“Explain,” he said, using the same voice Daniel had used before, except I had a feeling I could trust this man.

“My eyebrow was stitched up, and I hit myself in the face while destroying the pillow, causing it to bleed again,” I said without emotion, just stating a fact. He just stood there, looking at me, judging me.

“Who are you?” he asked.

“Fleur Vermont.”

"Where are you from?”

“Favier, France, Europe.”

“You speak a lot of English for a French girl.”

“I’ve been living in the US for two years.” He stayed silent, mulling over my answers. I saw my chance. “Sir, may I ask you something?”

He nodded.

“Excuse the expression, but what the heck is going on? What do you want from me?” I could hear the plea in my voice.

He didn't answer my question, rather asked himself a question: “Are you a werewolf?” I was flabbergasted. I knew an American would never just say that word, but I just loved it, and, in this weird situation, I got used to it. But what he asked…it only existed in fairy tales, books, movies.

“W-what?” I managed to get out.

“Shift!” he ordered in a more demanding tone.

“But. But I-,” I stuttered.

“Shift!” he yelled at me.

I kept on stuttering. “I-I- what—”

The man raised his eyebrows when he saw that I was crying. Damn, I didn’t want to cry. I was so messed up. “Are you a werewolf?” he asked in a less demanding voice.

“I don’t know what you’re talking about, sir,” I said honestly. “Why are you calling me a ‘rogue’? What is a ‘rogue’? What is an Alpha? Why are you asking me if I’m a werewolf? Werewolves don’t exist in real life, only in stories!” I managed to say in between sobs.

The man seemed to be in deep thought when I heard the door open again. Another man made his way over to my cell, a first-aid kit in his hand. “Jake, look at this girl,” he said, and I knew I looked bad, “what does she look like to you?”

“She’s too small to be one,” Jake answered.

“What does she smell like to you?” The Power Man asked—I guess I can call him that, since he hadn’t introduced himself.